Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Larger Rims on CB9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larger Rims on CB9?

Would a 17" rim fit in a CB9 without any modding? Would this decrease my performance too? I prefer performance over look and black rims with silver or red highlights if that helps.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
    Would a 17" rim fit in a CB9 without any modding? Would this decrease my performance too?
    Yes. If you're lowered, you may have to roll your fenders.
    Yes. Engine has to work harder to rotate heavier wheels.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Ah I see, would it be better to just put 15" rims on?
      Why would a 17" fit only fit if you lower it? Wouldn't you have less room? The fenders make sense though.
      Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Ah I see, would it be better to just put 15" rims on?
        Why would a 17" fit only fit if you lower it? Wouldn't you have less room? The fenders make sense though.
        I didn't say you had to lower your CB in order to fit 17"s. I said that if you're lowered you may have to roll your fenders depending on offset and width.

15"s are typically lighter, but the same size as OEM. Most people prefer 16"s, as they are a good mix of size and performance.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I have 18s with no rub. It all depends on your offset and width of the tire. Im runnin 215-35-18
          NEW PSN
          H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
          RIP

Comment

I heard if you add a big size rim you speedometer doesn't read properly anymore.
            For example if it says 100 kph you would be going only 96.6 kph or something.

If I put 16's and lower it would it fit right? What would you guys recommend for width?
            Current:

Past:

Comment

205/55-R16 will be closest to stock size.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Ah, would you know how much stock rims weight?
                I'm looking on Tire Rack (lol yes I'm that noob) for that size, what would be a good place/brand to buy from?
                Current:

Past:

Comment

Go with 17's they look the best in my opinion. if your tires are larger then stock your speedo will read slower then you are actually going. Use the miata tire size calculator to figure out your speedo readings.

Comment

Originally posted by H22WAGON93 View Post
                    I have 18s with no rub. It all depends on your offset and width of the tire. Im runnin 215-35-18
                    I have 18" that DO rub(in the rear). & Im stock hight. (225/40/R18).

so it depends on the size/offset/tires/ex...

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                      205/55-R16 will be closest to stock size.
                      Wrong.

Per the Miata Tire Size Calculator, as well as the concept of +1 Tire Size determination

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

You'd have the following sizes to stay within OEM specifications

185/70-14 - Stock OEM DX/LX coupe and sedan tire size
                      195/60-15 - Stock OEM LX Wagon / EX / EX Wagon / 10th Anniv / SE tire size
                      205/50-16 - +1 over OEM 15" Size
                      215/40-15 - +2 over OEM 15" Size

Personally I went with a 215/45-17 tire, because I had a milder drop and wanted to close up the tire to fender gap.

Has anyone weighed a stock OEM alloy combination? Honestly, there are lightweight 17" rims out there that are going to be a performance increase.

Don't forget that you're adding wheel width, which will benefit handling, as well as a lower profile sidewall, which should go a ways towards reducing sidewall flex and firming up handling.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                        Wrong.
                        Fuck, you're right. I accidentally put in 195/65 as the OEM size.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by 91blkcoupe View Post
                          Go with 17's they look the best in my opinion. if your tires are larger then stock your speedo will read slower then you are actually going. Use the miata tire size calculator to figure out your speedo readings.
                          Will it read slower if I only get wider tires? Anything bigger would change it?

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                          Wrong.

Per the Miata Tire Size Calculator, as well as the concept of +1 Tire Size determination

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

You'd have the following sizes to stay within OEM specifications

185/70-14 - Stock OEM DX/LX coupe and sedan tire size
                          195/60-15 - Stock OEM LX Wagon / EX / EX Wagon / 10th Anniv / SE tire size
                          205/50-16 - +1 over OEM 15" Size
                          215/40-15 - +2 over OEM 15" Size

Personally I went with a 215/45-17 tire, because I had a milder drop and wanted to close up the tire to fender gap.

Has anyone weighed a stock OEM alloy combination? Honestly, there are lightweight 17" rims out there that are going to be a performance increase.

Don't forget that you're adding wheel width, which will benefit handling, as well as a lower profile sidewall, which should go a ways towards reducing sidewall flex and firming up handling.
                          Ah nice do you have any problems with 215/45-17? How does the ride change? Thanks a lot for the guide.

Also you you mean 215/40-17 not 15?
                          Current:

Past:

Comment

Will it read slower if I only get wider tires? Anything bigger would change it?

Ah nice do you have any problems with 215/45-17? How does the ride change? Thanks a lot for the guide.

Also you you mean 215/40-17 not 15?
                            Tire width doesn't affect anything...tire diameter does.

I had Neuspeed Sport/KYB AGX on my car, and a hard right hand corner with someone in the back seat caused a very minor rub on the fender lip. I never had that problem when I didn't have someone in the car.

The only difference I noticed in the ride was that the tires were more likely to follow the ruts in the road.

Had I had the chance to spec out tires again, I wouldn't have changed anything. My speedometer was always ~2 mph off, so honestly when I changed tire sizes, I was always within that range. If I was slightly lower, I might have been more likely to pick up the 215/40-17 tire. The difference was 0.25" of fender to tire spacing.

Comment

Is there a way to fix the speedo if you change the wheel size?
                              I don't want any rub if possible.
                              Current:

Past:

Comment

Working...
                              X