Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

grille time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grille time!

Started my DIY grille today. So far I've gutted the gills, cut the "H" out and rough cut my mesh. Took a little bit longer than I thought to get that much done since I have a 91 and had to give up for the day (9pm). Plan on dechroming my surround, sanding, hitting with some primer and painting my mesh (black)/surround (color match/burgundy) tomorrow. I'll try to get some right now pics in the morning before I start on it again and some finish pics when I'm done. Soon as that's all done I'll be moving on to the lower grille and some other things that I have planned! Later.
    Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

pics or ban

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

That's exactly what I did today, here is proff

Comment

that accord look's like my's

Comment

It's fiberglassed right now where the cut is (still curing)

Comment

good shit man but nothing new..keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
              good shit man but nothing new..keep up the good work
              true...you know it's just one of those things, to let ppl know that grany is not driving this car any more

Comment

hope it turns out good. what type of plans do you have for the lower grille?

Comment

grill looks great keyz
                  R.I.P. To My CB7 The Motor Blew

Comment

Originally posted by LXpanda View Post
                    hope it turns out good. what type of plans do you have for the lower grille?
                    I'm gonna cut the gills out down there and mesh that too. Think I finally got it all figured out on how to do it so I'll let you guys know once it's done.
                    Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
                      I'm gonna cut the gills out down there and mesh that too. Think I finally got it all figured out on how to do it so I'll let you guys know once it's done.
                      make sure to take some pictures and post them on here, so I don't look like tread jacker

Comment

Originally posted by keycb7
                        That's exactly what I did today, here is proff

same way I did mine...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

thats looks good man. just put some mesh in there and it'll be good

Comment

i've done like 3 or 4 DIy grilles!

i need more grilles! 9091 =]

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                              thats looks good man. just put some mesh in there and it'll be good
                              I've done a bit different, cover the cut-out with sticky aluminum tape from outside, then from inside lay down fibeglass mat and filled with epoxy resin, let cure and repeat one more time, let cure and peal tape off.
                              Came out really strong, I might post pic later.

Comment

Working...
                              X