Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Suggestions for a Carbon Fibre Hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for a Carbon Fibre Hood?

Alright so i have a 92 Sedan ex and was wondering what different types of carbon fibre hoods are avaliable, i know about Vis any others? also how is the fitment with the hood latch and all? is the space for washer noozles?

VIS.
    Carbon Creations.
    JSP.
    Seibon.
    B-Magic.

Not sure about washer nozzles though.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I bought hood from seibon and it fit perfect for me. I think that VIS ans seibon are pretty much the same price. I've heard that sometimes vis fits a little wonky but i guess its whoever layed the carbon. But i love my seibon and i didnt put the wiper nozels in so that the heat could escape out the top.

Comment

screw the washer nozzles i'd shave mine if i had the chance

more aerodymics lol =]

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by dragonman3102 View Post
          I bought hood from seibon and it fit perfect for me. I think that VIS ans seibon are pretty much the same price. I've heard that sometimes vis fits a little wonky but i guess its whoever layed the carbon. But i love my seibon and i didnt put the wiper nozels in so that the heat could escape out the top.
          did you have to use pins?

Comment

Originally posted by 780Cb7 View Post
            yeah i used the aerocatch hood pins cause at around 75 mph the hood starts to shake a little. I had a body shop install my pins cost about $200 but they look really good.

Comment

you got any pics bro?

Comment

It's always safer to buy hood pins.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

you got any pics bro?
                  i don't right now, my car is in az and im in cali right now. I wont be back for a couple of week but i think that there is someone else here that has the same kind of setup

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=112261&page=2

ok here you go this isnt my car but this is what it would look like, but mine are angle so that they follow the body line of the hood

Comment

losiracer is the only other person i know who has a carbon fiber hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                        losiracer is the only other person i know who has a carbon fiber hood.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/search.php?searchid=3053783

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

its not bad, looks good but my car came with a hood scoop custom made on the oem hood(its still mint) but its just not my thing, to me hood scoop belong on more of rally cars like sti's, lancer, etc. My car is black and im thinking of either going to the junkyard and finding one or just going cf hood. What do you guys think i should do?

Comment

its not bad, looks good but my car came with a hood scoop custom made on the oem hood(its still mint) but its just not my thing, to me hood scoop belong on more of rally cars like sti's, lancer, etc. My car is black and im thinking of either going to the junkyard and finding one or just going cf hood. What do you guys think i should do?
                            its all about what you like best. and how much you wanna spend. The only reason i got mine was cause my neighbor hit me and i got some insurance money, but really its all about your personal taste. Look at other people's rides and see if you like it.

Comment

i got the Seibon CF hood.... fitiments almost perfect on mine, the washer nozzle holes are to small for the nozzles to fit in so you have to drill it out i guess, i haven't, i just left it as is

also i don't use hood pins... i don't find them nec. and so far so good, it been a couple of months... and ive tested it out - no broken windsheild.

Comment

Working...
                              X