Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New hood or old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New hood or old?

Okay so almost half my clear coat is coming off my hood of my car so i went to my paint guy and he says i can get you a new hood for $60 and paint it black for 150$ for painting/clear coating it or i can just have him clear coat it for $150. So should i just get a new hood or keep mine? Also if i get a new hood i could change the color of it but what color would i do it with a black car?
    Last edited by Fenderx69; 01-03-2009, 12:56 AM.

Find a new paint guy. It shouldn't cost the same to paint and clear as it does to clear. Wet sand your hood yourself and get it re-cleared. Keep it black. Why would you change the color of your hood to be different than the rest of the car?

Comment

x2 on the paint guy.... if you decide to wetsand your own hood tape off your fenders "or be very careful not to hit your fenders" use long fluent strokes go from begging of hood to back "where windshield is" in a complete stroke back in forth untill the hood looks uniform.

should be able to get your hood recleard for around 80 bucks....

if you do get a new hood get an OEM one if yours done have any dent in it then keep yours or your wasting money..

only color i would change my hood to on a Black car would be CarbonFiber

click on my sig you will see what i am talking about.

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

new carbon fiber

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          Find a new paint guy. It shouldn't cost the same to paint and clear as it does to clear. Wet sand your hood yourself and get it re-cleared. Keep it black. Why would you change the color of your hood to be different than the rest of the car?

x2 on the new paint guy
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

my hood is rusted and im going to fix it but im going to wait till next summer so i can be nice outside. and show off my primered hood. lmao! i say fix it yourself. youll gain knowledge about your car. all of my clear coat is falling off too. DIY man!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
              new carbon fiber
              x2
              My ride History:
              Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
              Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
              Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
              -----------------------------------
              1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

Diy!!!!!!

Comment

I'm for keeping it and prepping it yourself.

Comment

x3 on the paint guy and if you wanted to change it to something other than black, carbon fiber is the way to go
                    CB7 wife, BMW mother, Z24 owner

www.ohioaccords.com/phpbb

R.I.P. JOJO...WE MISS YOU

Comment

Working...
                    X