Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

diy eyelids with grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diy eyelids with grill

soi just got a set of gts headlight covers for 20 bucks now i wanna connect the eyelids to my grill, so i ws thinking should i use bondo or fiberglass which would hold better?
    Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

fiberglass. bondo's not to good at holding things together. just filling imperfections.....

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

Originally posted by DAMIEN View Post
      fiberglass. bondo's not to good at holding things together. just filling imperfections.....
      im pretty new to the fiberglass thing and im a hands on guy so which materials will ibe needing?
      Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

Comment

Fiberglass way stronger then bondo.
        My ride History:
        Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
        Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
        Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
        -----------------------------------
        1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

Originally posted by bliz07 View Post
          im pretty new to the fiberglass thing and im a hands on guy so which materials will ibe needing?
          Fiberglass mat, epoxy resin(its two parts that need to be mixed together, 1 part hardener and 4 parts clear resin), painting brush, mixing/portion cups, mixing stick.

practise first on something else to get the feel of it.
          Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by keycb7 View Post
            Fiberglass mat, epoxy resin(its two parts that need to be mixed together, 1 part hardener and 4 parts clear resin), painting brush, mixing/portion cups, mixing stick.

practise first on something else to get the feel of it.
            Good Luck!
            thanx

Comment

go through U.S. Composites, do not use that cheap bondo brand fiberglass either. check out fiberglassforums.com for help

Comment

Buy some gloves too!!
                The sky is always bluer at the top of the windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancerman360 View Post
                  Buy some gloves too!!
                  Especially when you start sanding, dust on your skin can get really itchy. And use the proper mask and ventilation, fumes can get really strong. Just thought I'd put it out there.

Comment

For the amount of glassing you will be doing the cheap-o 3M dust masks will work.

Definitely get some throw away gloves as they will get destroyed to oblivion. Same thing with the brushes. Anything you will use will get completely trashed. Wear clothes you don't care about possibly throwing away (this includes shoes, trust me). You will probably want to wear sweatpants and a longsleeve t-shirt (comfy and keeps you covered).

You also want to be very careful when working with the fiberglass around the car. I have been a little hasty/not thinking before and it ended up costing me quite a bit. You will want to cover up EVERYTHING even near where you will be working. This means laying down layers of aluminum foil. Not just one, but probably two or three to make sure nothing will seep through. Once the resin touches something, it's going to mess it up.

I would first completely layer your headlights. Cover it completely until you can't see anything. Then, with the grill removed, I would do the same for the areas behind and underneath where the grill is. Continue this until the front area of the bumper is covered. Then I would mount the grill up and put on both headlight covers. Next, you can either attempt to glass up the covers directly to the grill while on the car or you can go for the safer route.

Get some dowel rods or some small, lighweight something that will be able to be glassed onto the grill and the headlight covers. With everything on the car, connect the dowels to the grill and the headlight covers with two layers of glass and let it completely cure. Then remove the assembly from the car as one piece and finish up the rest of the glassing wherever you want (i.e. NOT near your car). This makes the shaping much easier and you don't have to worry about messing up your paint or the headlights.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by bliz07 View Post
                      soi just got a set of gts headlight covers for 20 bucks now i wanna connect the eyelids to my grill, so i ws thinking should i use bondo or fiberglass which would hold better?
                      you could try finding a "jargrill". they are made by the member jarhead. its just like what your trying to make. which is like the "charge speed" grill

ask jarhead for info on it

looks like this one on the right...
                      Last edited by Night Wolf; 09-24-2008, 11:02 PM.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                        you could try finding a "jargrill". they are made by the member jarhead. its just like what your trying to make. which is like the "charge speed" grill

ask jarhead for info on it

looks like this one on the right...
                        so he makes the grill and eyelids????

Comment

sorry only make them for locals. thanx nightwolf now my pm box is flooded,lol

Comment

jarhead gimmie gimmie i need i need lol. so hook me up!

Comment

well ralphie is selling his & hes in NY.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X