Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how wide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how wide?

how wide of a rim can i fit on my car without rolling the inner fender? i will be doing a 1.75 drop with camber correction all around in the spring, so i would like to get a nice rim and rubber setup to compliment the cars new stance. still debating with keeping it lite with 15's or hittin the middle with 16's or just be show with 17's. but will most likely be 15. also what offset can I do 40 is stock i do believe?

Thanks

Lane
    1992 Accord EX-R 4 door Cobalt blue on blue 5 speed, friggin love this car.

Performance mods: AEM short ram intake, Progress rear sway bar, and Apexi WSII cat back, skunk 2 wieghted knob, yeamans short throw. exedy oem style clutch pkg with a F1 racing 12lb flywheel, TASauto braided SS clutch line.

Sound mods: Hertz space 6 1/2 speakers and tweets with a Audison Srx 2 amp, Focal 11" sub in a Focal ported box, Kenwood D-class amp, Audison cap and a Kenwood KDC891.

nothing?

Performance mods: AEM short ram intake, Progress rear sway bar, and Apexi WSII cat back, skunk 2 wieghted knob, yeamans short throw. exedy oem style clutch pkg with a F1 racing 12lb flywheel, TASauto braided SS clutch line.

Sound mods: Hertz space 6 1/2 speakers and tweets with a Audison Srx 2 amp, Focal 11" sub in a Focal ported box, Kenwood D-class amp, Audison cap and a Kenwood KDC891.

Comment

Yeah nothing with the setup your talkin bout. My CB is dropped over 3" with 17's and 40 series tires and I didn't have to roll nothing. As a matter of fact it doesn't even rub. I had 18's at one point and I did have to roll the rear wheel well but it was all good.

Comment

kool, but also im taling width, like can i do a 15x7.5 without rubbing?

Comment

this is a good question. looking foward to a good answer to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanesky_EX-R View Post
            kool, but also im taling width, like can i do a 15x7.5 without rubbing?
            I think with a wheel that small it would depend in the tire width, not just the offset and depth.

I am new to the cb7 so I honestly dont know.
            The sky is always bluer at the top of the windshield.

Comment

depends on the offset of the wheels you get.

Comment

Originally posted by 187 customs View Post
                depends on the offset of the wheels you get.
                Exactly. I wrote an offset guide for 02 lancers on evom.net, so I know a little bit.

It all depends on:

Wheel size
                Tire size
                Wheel width
                Wheel offset

They all have to come together just right to look good.

Comment

im not sure what offset i want, 40 i know is a safe bet

Comment

im not sure what offset i want, 40 i know is a safe bet
                    Well then you might not be able to go too wide with a 40.

If you know the offset that will come super close to the fender then all you have to do after that is find out how far you can come on the inside of the wheel well without hitting the strut/springs or other suspension parts.

I wish I knew more about this car so I could tell you. If you limit the offset to 40 then your wheel width will be smaller that the max. I know that for sure.

Comment

what say a 25 offset?

Comment

what say a 25 offset?
                        they'll rub
                        Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                        -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=36678 Its all there, everything you wanna know

Click ---->***More Parts and Stuff***<---- Click

Comment

Working...
                          X