Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because the rear of the car is lighter and the struts have less dampening so the back of the car bounces (or atleast wants to) naturaly. Add a stiff spring and bye bye struts. They can't handle that much dampening that the ebay springs demand.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      I wouldn't recommend them, if for nothing else cause u don't know what ur getting.

If u look around u can find a good deal on real springs. I picked up a set of Skunk2 coilover sleeves for $100 locally.
      what are sleeves????

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by d112crzy
      I quit jobs as much as I swap engines.

Comment

everyone hates on ebay products.but they're not ALL bad..i'm on ebay springs and my ride quility is fantastic.and no cracking nor rusting here.now the coilovers i dont know.i've heard good and bad about them

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Yo thats understandable that some peeps don't have the funds for the good suspension. But them Ebay coilovers ain't worth it IMO. How you gonna sell a set of coilovers for a light ass Civic and sell the same funky coilovers for a big ass Accord? Don't make no sense. Back in 2003 I had a set on my CB with KYB full adjustable shocks and it riding ruff. Then I was rolling down the highway and hit a sharp dip and the car went airborn, came back down and broke the rear suspension, I slide into a wall then slid again across three lanes of traffic into another wall. So with that being said, if I didn't have the money for good suspension I would just wait. Get a set of springs, I know the slammed look is tight but it ain't worth smashing your whip over it. Or maybe worse. Just look at my evidence...
          Attached Files

Comment

ive got ebay coilovers on mine has held up pretty good even with it being droped of a rollback at about 3to4 feet off the ground know i need new back struts but beside that ive had no problem

Comment

Im starting to lean towards them now. Money is kinda tight right now too. We'll see what happens.
              Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #43
              H22 Motor fund:0.00

Comment

Originally posted by lilshaun1983 View Post
                Im starting to lean towards them now. Money is kinda tight right now too. We'll see what happens.
                Get struts man they could save ur life

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Drive careful, THAT could save your life

Check out my paintjobs at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3134126

Comment

How bouncy are they? Over every little thing or what? And what are the rubber rings for? Where do they go?
                    Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #43
                    H22 Motor fund:0.00

Comment

i got a pare of drop zone coil overs when a bout my car and i hated them, they are way to soft for the car.

Comment

yea go for good shit the first time so you dont have to do it twice

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

ebay coilovers

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                          im on ebay coilovers and they handle remarkably well in the corners. i cant wait to get some aftermarket struts on them and see how they do. but on regular driving they are bouncy tho. but no problems other than the bounce.
                          Ive had them for 4 months now an there still going strong. The only thing about them is that they are real bouncy...The drop is amazing tho.... IMO you get what you pay for.

Comment

Working...
                          X