Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mean87 View Post
    (A) got a bad set; or (B) drive like a maniac over bumpy roads, personally I hope is was (A).
    Well, I'm not a "maniac" driver.
    So, maybe I did get a bad set.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by lilshaun1983 View Post
      Theres no need to get hostile guys. Im just gettin mixed signals on what i should do right now. Can see pics with them on?
      No hostility here.
      Just 2 different people speaking their opinions.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I'm not trying to get hostile here, sorry if anyone has taken it that way. I am just standing up for the fact that some people can't afford expensive name brands, and ebay springs work well if you get a good set and don't abuse them. Lots of people have bad experiences, but there are also lots of people that have good experiences. Here's how my '91 sits on them:

Check out my paintjobs at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3134126

Comment

Clean car Mean!

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

MAybe just keep an eye on craigslist / kijiji. Thats where I got my aerospeeds..... $40 NEW

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

I think the bigest problem is when you pair stock 15 year old shocks with ebay springs. the poin is that if you can't afford quality springs most likely you can't afford quality shocks, so thats why you hear to many bad things about ebay coils/springs.

I wounder if any one had try ebay springs with koni, AGX, or other good brands

"mean87" what shock/struts you got there? if stock how old are they?

Comment

I'm running on just the old stock struts. I've had the car for 1.5yrs now, previous owner had it for 16yrs. I don't know when the last time the previous owner had them replaced, but I know I've never replaced them myself, they could very well be the originals, but I know the previous owner had it dealer maintained for those 16 years. Even though the car has over 397K on it it's incredibly solid.

BTW, Thanks for the comments on my car Josh, I checked out your member's ride thread, very impressive! You've got one hell of a car

Check out my paintjobs at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3134126

Comment

Originally posted by mean87 View Post
                  Even though the car has over 397K on it it's incredibly solid.

BTW, Thanks for the comments on my car Josh, I checked out your member's ride thread, very impressive! You've got one hell of a car
                  Wow, you've got some mileage!
                  I thought mine was high at 242K!

Thanks!

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by kelton View Post
                    ive been on mine for over a year
                    haha and you're proof that they are shit. Not saying all four of your shocks are blown and riding in it is only good for mixing exotic drinks,lol.
                    Stay away from ebay coilovers and save up for the real thing with springs and dampers matched.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                      haha and you're proof that they are shit. Not saying all four of your shocks are blown and riding in it is only good for mixing exotic drinks,lol.
                      Stay away from ebay coilovers and save up for the real thing with springs and dampers matched.
                      what about mine?

edit: i've been on mine about 7 months.
                      Last edited by ric3rboi23; 09-15-2008, 03:30 PM.
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

im on ebay coilovers and they handle remarkably well in the corners. i cant wait to get some aftermarket struts on them and see how they do. but on regular driving they are bouncy tho. but no problems other than the bounce.

Comment

lol kelton though his ebay coilovers were great too till he rode in my car with H&R race springs around KYB AGX's. I could out-handle his car anyday,lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                            what about mine?

edit: i've been on mine about 7 months.
                            eh idk your car's not as old/heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                              lol kelton though his ebay coilovers were great too till he rode in my car with H&R race springs around KYB AGX's. I could out-handle his car anyday,lol.
                              x2 ebay is good for like a drop but when it comes to handling its like nothing compared to the better stuff. From my experiences. with the ebay coil overs I was just hopping around and you cant really predict whats going to happen. but I also had blown rear struts lol.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                              New people click here

Comment

Originally posted by kelton View Post
                                x2 ebay is good for like a drop but when it comes to handling its like nothing compared to the better stuff. From my experiences. with the ebay coil overs I was just hopping around and you cant really predict whats going to happen. but I also had blown rear struts lol.

why is it that its always the rear struts that blow? lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X