Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Paint

i was wondering how much is it to bring my wagon to a body shop and have them do a full sand/paint. basically i what i mean is making it look and feel brand new

Alot. Well over a grand for a nice professional job.
    200SX SE-R w/ turbo lowport & S4 cams
    Versa SL 6 speed

Comment

depends where you take it. some shops do better jobs than others. some remove all the trim others tape it off. you kind of get what you pay for. most paint jobs go anywhere from $600 - $5000. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

hmm ok. as you prolly saw my wagon has minor minor rust but i would like to have it smooth and brand new and also shine when i wash/wax :-)

Comment

you're gonna spend @ least a grand

Comment

I was quoted by a professional body work and paint shop in my town $3-4000. That was to do minor rust and a full 2 stage paint. Now I was going to have a metallic grey paint so that added some, but you'll be paying a lot.

Comment

ya it is alot but are u gettin the engine bay painted the same couler as the out side???
              My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Check it out and leave a comment.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194295

Comment

Mine cost me CDN$ 2.5k - new aftermarket fenders, quarter panels, front & rear bumpers and hood, shaved antenna and fixed both holes on the wheel wells. They did an amazing job, but they sucked big time on the schedule. They had my car for almost 2 months, so I was taking the bus in the dead of winter.

Comment

Originally posted by lonski View Post
                  Mine cost me CDN$ 2.5k - new aftermarket fenders, quarter panels, front & rear bumpers and hood, shaved antenna and fixed both holes on the wheel wells. They did an amazing job, but they sucked big time on the schedule. They had my car for almost 2 months, so I was taking the bus in the dead of winter.
                  Not to go off topic, but what color of paint did you use? I may just have to copy cat you... It's HAWT.
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Thanks! It's reflex silver metallic.
                    Last edited by lonski; 08-26-2008, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I could do it at my school for 950. Rust and everything.

Comment

Most REAL shops would cost quite a bit. Probably over $2000 for paint and bodywork.

Maaco and Earl Scheib will be considerably less. Maaco did my paint and rust repair... twice. The rust repair failed both times (cut and weld). The paint the first time around was pretty good. The paint the second time around wasn't so great. There's buildup appearing around the trim after two paintjobs (they tape it off).

You definitely get what you pay for, unless you get suckered into paying for lousy work. Do your research, talk to shops, look at their work (and be sure you're looking at the type of work they'll be doing for you... Don't go look at a $25,000 restoration of a classic and expect to get that for $1500!)

Also, take into account how you drive, store, and maintain your car. I had mine done at maaco because I park outside, drive the living shit out of it, and wash it infrequently. An expensive paintjob would be wasted on my car. TypeG, on the other hand, could pay $6000 for a paintjob and it would be justified... because there's probably more dirt on my nose right now than there is on his car! Then again, he's maintained that paint forever, so the ancient stock paint still doesn't need to be redone!

Comment

Working...
                        X