Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hypothetically speaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypothetically speaking

how much money would it take to get a sunroof on a 93 lx coupe that doesnt have one already? and is this even possible?

It depends, like OEM or just the pop out style?
    Love Built Inc.

Comment

hmm cutting...welding (maybe)..installation...parts...= maybe 700 and +? Im just pulling that outta my ass...so

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Hack off an EX's roof and duct tape it to your car?

Seriously, I think it's probably a more expensive modification than you'd think. OEM, there are some pretty expensive parts involved.

Comment

It'd probably cost more than what it's worth.
          Just sell your car and get an EX.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

x2

aftermarket sunroofs are nothing compared to oem. lots of pieces and a nice rolled lip. easier to buy a car with one....

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

$1000+

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

this crossed my mind also, but i realized all the work involved. And even if you did it yourself there has to be some leaks involved=rust.

just get an EX because this work surpasses the amount my car is actually worth

Comment

I believe everything is possible if you put effort into it. It is very costy though and not everybody has the skills to do it. Besides the material it requires a lot of precision. I've heard that a lot of after market roofs have leak problems. If you don't do it yourself, make sure you get it done by someone who knows wtf his doing and not to some cheap place where they're just gonna basically fit it in there the fastest and cheapest way they can.
                  NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87 View Post
                    I believe everything is possible if you put effort into it. It is very costy though and not everybody has the skills to do it. Besides the material it requires a lot of precision. I've heard that a lot of after market roofs have leak problems. If you don't do it yourself, make sure you get it done by someone who knows wtf his doing and not to some cheap place where they're just gonna basically fit it in there the fastest and cheapest way they can.
                    exactly, and think about it, how many people do you think have actually put aftermarket sunroofs in their cars? not a whole lot, therefore its gonna be really hard to find someone in your area that would know how to do it right.

im pissin on the game feel like i got a weak blatter

Comment

Originally posted by xprojectcb7x View Post
                      exactly, and think about it, how many people do you think have actually put aftermarket sunroofs in their cars? not a whole lot, therefore its gonna be really hard to find someone in your area that would know how to do it right.
                      There's actually another thing you could do that would be safer and I believe cheaper. I know a friend of my dad who did it with success. You cut the whole roof of an EX, cut yours and weld. Now that I think about it. This would probably be the best idea.
                      NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

just get a new accord

Comment

i've seen a couple of cb's with aftermarket sun roofs and they just didn't look right.
                          as for the cutting and grafting on another roof. still way easier and sane to get another cb with a sun roof.

if you do decide to go for it, good on ya....

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

id fuckin die without my sunroof i also love how it goes inside the roof instead of on top of it
                            to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
                            Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

really and truly it isnt as hard as everyone says it just takes time... i made a 2000 olds bravada sunroof fit in my coupeand only cost me 50 bucks... it had an aftermarket that leaked so i pushed it out cut the roof skin on the bravada cut out the hole a lil bigger since bravada was a lil wider than aftermarket and welded the fitted sunroof opening all it and the whole unit fits perfect in it. flame me i dont care but it tilts up and one touch rolls inside the roof. I made it work off of a stock ex switch and made a custom headliner board and everything looks stockish with the exception of it not being a vinyl covered board. All of that was done when i was in school and had teachers that said it could never be done and now they brag on me. So anything is possible
                              Last edited by Hiceman; 08-13-2008, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X