Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seatbelt Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dajap View Post
    I have blue manual seat belts for a sedan (Front) if you are interested. I bought them from a member on here and they sent me sedan instead of Coupe's....
    so you have to have the retractor out of a coupe to put in a coupe.. i got a manual belt out of a 92-93 4 door wagon. will this not fit/ work correctly in my coupe????
    One step @ a time

Comment

inb4 more useless posts

90-91 USDM coupes / sedans have automatic seatbelts

91 wagons had manual seatbelts

92-93 USDM cars have manual seatbelts

90-93 everywhere but the US had manual seatbelts

ANYWAYS...

Do you have a coupe or sedan? Coupe and sedan seatbelts are different, sedan seatbelts are height adjustable where as coupes are not.

I have never done the swap before or even taken a look behind the pillar before to see if the mount point is even there. If you were going to do the swap you would need a new B pillar headliner trim piece and B pillar cover / rear cover in a coupe

I believe the lower mount point exists already for the seatbelt but again i don't know about the upper one, you're going to have to look.

For the buckles you are going to be fine, you can bolt the automatic seatbelt buckle from your seat and install a normal manual buckle without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        inb4 more useless posts

90-91 USDM coupes / sedans have automatic seatbelts

91 wagons had manual seatbelts

92-93 USDM cars have manual seatbelts

90-93 everywhere but the US had manual seatbelts

ANYWAYS...

Do you have a coupe or sedan? Coupe and sedan seatbelts are different, sedan seatbelts are height adjustable where as coupes are not.

I have never done the swap before or even taken a look behind the pillar before to see if the mount point is even there. If you were going to do the swap you would need a new B pillar headliner trim piece and B pillar cover / rear cover in a coupe

I believe the lower mount point exists already for the seatbelt but again i don't know about the upper one, you're going to have to look.

For the buckles you are going to be fine, you can bolt the automatic seatbelt buckle from your seat and install a normal manual buckle without any problems.
        i own a 90' coupe. i have a manual belt out of a cb7 wagon along with the height adjustment. i kknow im suposed to make a bracket to fit in the pocket. but these items should work right
        One step @ a time

Comment

The last person I know did this had to weld the top part because there was no were to bolt it up when going from auto to manual.
          Sold to:
          GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
          Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

Originally posted by Koochologist View Post
            The last person I know did this had to weld the top part because there was no were to bolt it up when going from auto to manual.
            ok i would basicly weld a strip of 18 guage then tap and dye a bolt into it...
            One step @ a time

Comment

i was that person
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                i was that person
                well since u were that guy. do u have any advice for what u went through doing this.
                One step @ a time

Comment

Working...
                X