Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

spray paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spray paint

my accord was cosmeticaly damaged by the last guy i bought it from...he ran it into his house (jdmchristian991)

mine is on the right... i'm gonna get a new hood, front bumper and support eventually. if i spray paint it seatle silver will it look good?? or am i just better off getting it professionally painted???
    Last edited by jdmjunky; 05-08-2008, 01:30 PM.

Spray paint will look like Spray paint.. Even if it your color car it will look crappy compared to a real paint job. Plus the color might not match since the car is 16 years old. i would take it to a place and have them color match it and paint it with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
      Spray paint will look like Spray paint.. Even if it your color car it will look crappy compared to a real paint job. Plus the color might not match since the car is 16 years old. i would take it to a place and have them color match it and paint it with a gun.
      i know that it's seatle silver because i've done touch up work on the back bumper last month...but thanks for the advice

Comment

dude..

earl shib it..

fix everything wrong with it

rush dents ect..

and earl shibbs paints the WHOLE! car for 250-300 bucks!!!!!

any color u want

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
          dude..

earl shib it..

fix everything wrong with it

rush dents ect..

and earl shibbs paints the WHOLE! car for 250-300 bucks!!!!!

any color u want
          when you say the WHOLE car do you mean jams and everything?? or just the outside???

Comment

If you take you paint code to an automotive supply shop, and get your color in a rattle can, and perhaps some clear too, It would prob look ok if you prep it right- but just remeber that the new paint will be just ever so slightly off form what you have no matter what. On the other hand, the hood/ fender gap is a good transition point to and extent, so it may be A-ok. A professianl paint job would def be better, but its all about the $$ and what you wanna spend. Then again, you can always rattle can it for now for relitivly little $$, and save up for a good paint job, so its looking ok untill then. I use to mess w/ neons and did a pass. front fender to match the factory color, is wasnt perfect, but not that bad either. better than the primer grey it was!!!...lol

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143599

Comment

Originally posted by richie92ex
              If you take you paint code to an automotive supply shop, and get your color in a rattle can, and perhaps some clear too, It would prob look ok if you prep it right- but just remeber that the new paint will be just ever so slightly off form what you have no matter what. On the other hand, the hood/ fender gap is a good transition point to and extent, so it may be A-ok. A professianl paint job would def be better, but its all about the $$ and what you wanna spend. Then again, you can always rattle can it for now for relitivly little $$, and save up for a good paint job, so its looking ok untill then. I use to mess w/ neons and did a pass. front fender to match the factory color, is wasnt perfect, but not that bad either. better than the primer grey it was!!!...lol
              i'm gonna end up getting the whole car painted weather i like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by jdmjunky
                when you say the WHOLE car do you mean jams and everything?? or just the outside???
                just the outside.

not inside the hood..

or inside the trunk..
                or inside the doors..

just the outside..

it's why it's cheap..

but i heard they do pretty good work

Comment

it's Earl Scheib

there on Orange Ave and Williamson..
                  like accross that hotel..

heres a coupon

i have wanted to try it..but not yet..

Comment

i know that it's seatle silver because i've done touch up work on the back bumper last month...but thanks for the advice
                    im saying its prolly def seattle silver but a fresh hood that is seattle silver wont look right next a 16 year old seattle silver

If you take it to a shop they can match it to make it look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
                      im saying its prolly def seattle silver but a fresh hood that is seattle silver wont look right next a 16 year old seattle silver

If you take it to a shop they can match it to make it look the same.
                      i'm gonna end up getting the whole thing painted

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
                        it's Earl Scheib

there on Orange Ave and Williamson..
                        like accross that hotel..

heres a coupon

i have wanted to try it..but not yet..
                        how did you get that pic of your car on there?

Comment

i'm gonna end up getting the whole thing painted
                          i was thinking of doing this..

if i replaced the the 2 rear doors and fixed the rust on the one quater panel but..

im not sure yet..

i might just leave it like it is

Comment

Working...
                          X