Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Grafitti on my hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grafitti on my hood

About a week ago i was away from home and i meet up with a buddie of mine a hadent seen i a while. I helped him hang up a glossy white 4' by 8' panel of flooring up in an old barn. Then he started to spraypaint it. I thought he was Screwn' around, Then he told me thats why we hung it up. I watched for a while and it look nice as shit, and i was like, " If i ever crash my car, ill let you paint it".
    Today i was thinkin, " My car is pretty smooth exept for the hood, so ill let him do it" My car is also glossy white.

Next wed. im gettin it painted, Then friday im gonna clearcoat.

Anyone think its a good idea besides me? My G/f isnt down with it.

I think it'd definitely be different... you'll have to post some pics when you get it done, I'm curious to see what you've got in mind... like a mural?

Comment

pretty bad ass if you ask me

Comment

please dont lol, dont ruin your nice paint with some rattle can art that you'll get sick of in a couple weeks.

If anything just try it out on your not so smooth hood. I guarantee you in a couple weeks you'll be like :/

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
          please dont lol, dont ruin your nice paint with some rattle can art that you'll get sick of in a couple weeks.

If anything just try it out on your not so smooth hood. I guarantee you in a couple weeks you'll be like :/
          lol agreed

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

better post some pic if this Happens..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

dude u can rattle can a car and have a perfect paintjob.

heres how

first you need to get a 15 dollars worth of sandpaper

500, 1000 and 2000

take the 500 and get a painters stick (about 16 inches long or 15 or whatever)

get a half sheet of 500 and wrap it around it.

keep the hood constantly wet with a sock and a bucket and sand in a diagonal pattern always going up and 2 the side. DO NOT SAND THE EDGES

Flatness is key.

then take, (i used a wrapped back of orbit gum before) something square and flat but about the size of orbit, and wrap the 500 over it, getting the edges - DO NOT GO TO DEEP.

then repeat the process briefly with 1000.

let him paint it, (if he's using a gun better but if not then at least get good spray tips at like a big hardware store.

try and get a white that obviously matches your car , if you have to buy a bunch of cans from autozone test them outside, then clean the tip of the paint and bring it back saying your friend had the right color or whatever

and get nice paint not walmart brand. usually they have the paint color it might be snow white.

once he paints it, take the stick and go at it with 2000 EVENLY AND FLAT

after that, get a bottle of good rubbing compound not cheap stuff probably a paint supply store find it on google maps.

take a ruff towell and cut a piece off and lay compound on the hood, push HARD AND FLAT, evenly rubbing it.

if you want to do it with a machine, there is one at harbor frieght for 39 dollars

there is one at pepboys too that is good, even autozone has it - dont buy any pads from anywhere but a paint supply store

only get a perfect it II polishing pad, its foamy and white. harbor frieght has a small one only about 4 inches, its better than using anything else.

go over the car at a LOW RPM evenly till the gloss starts to come out.

you will have a nice, flat and reflective paintjob.

]

Comment

I don't know about his long description but at least run over your paint with a scotch bright pad afterwards cover it with some clear coat so it won't fade. I think it will be sick. Have him throw the Honda emblem in there somewhere. It will be very sick. Post a ton of pictures. If it looks good have the guy who paints the car keep it there and when he paints it have him shoot a couple more coats of clear over it. Like 2 or 3 weeks after it has been painted it buff the car up real nice. It will look good. spray paint can look good easily.

Comment

it looks tight but its more for carshow but hey its ur car
                  post some pic if u do it

Comment

Do it!

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Im lookin at it like this, its gonna take me about 2 days of body work to fix my hood, so its almost better to get a new one. That being said, im really exited to see how this turns out. If its good enough, it may save me some money over getting a new hood.

Comment

Exactly. If the hood is already crap, you won't be ruining anything. It's a replaceable part.

I have a stock hood, painted to match my car. I have a CF hood. I have a hood in my basement that I've been playing with using Rustoleum. 3 hoods. I can use them all.

Comment

don't do it on the whole car but the hood should look ok with some of that

Comment

i say do it man...it will be different. in the vw scene dudes do all kinds of crazy shit with their hoods. like checker them, or rust em, or cover them in wood grain vinyl. shit looks dope but you have to be into that kinda shit i guess?
                            1991 honda accord dx, slammed on coilovers

2001 chevy s10 extreme, soon to be pre-runner

2007 honda shadow sabre, rigid bobber

Comment

i say do it and post some pics afterwards

Comment

Working...
                              X