Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wheel fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel fitment

I have searched a bit on here and i cant find anyone w/ the same setup I'd like to run. I'm going to have Tokico rak 501 coil overs and would like to know if 17X7.5's w/ a 42mm offset and 215/40 /17's are going to clear everything with the ride height having the tires setting on top of the tires, I guess that would be roughly a 2.5" drop. I bought everything but the wheels yet, any info on a good size wheel tire combo for this would be awesome. Thanks

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143599

You may rub on the plastic splash guard lining the inside of the wheel well when you turn sharply, but they will fit otherwise. I have that exact same size. I rubbed when turning with a 1.8" drop.

Comment

with a set of se rims and a 2.5" drop with 205/50/15's, i still rub with a when i make sharp turns.....Im sure if i did a 195 it would prevent buy why switch a good set of tires? I can deal with a little rubbing and wide turns lol

Comment

with my 95 accord, i have 42mm offset wheels 17x7 with a 2.5 drop and 215-45-17 tires and i have no rubbing whatsoever...

as you may or may not know 90-97 suspension is pretty much the same.

Comment

i have never tried 17x7.5 but that sounds like it would clear with the 42 offset you have.

i used to have 17x9 +35 with 215 40 17 on 2" inch drop and never had rubbing issues infront..the rear rubbed the rubber mold inside the fender lip,but i took it off rolled the rear fender a lilttle and no more rubbing after.
          Last edited by revzCB; 04-27-2008, 11:56 PM.
          "as i ride the twisties of death,i shall fear no corner"

change da game...bosozoku honda's for the muthafuccin win!

www.tougesports.com

Comment

Working...
          X