Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

One wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One wiper

Is there a diy for making one wiper work on the entire windshield. Or if anyone has done it let me know
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

like early 90's style?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

the entire windsheild?
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

i don't know how to do it and i think its ugly but this should help http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=single+wiper

Comment

I don't think anyone sucessfuly got the single wiper to cover the whole windscreen, 160 degrees was about all.
          There may be a way If you could modify the wiper mechanism to create more "throw" but it is risky for safety reasons.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

for a while, because i lost one of the nuts, i used my passenger side arm (because it was longer) and put it on the driver-side mounting point. it was cocked at about a 35*-45* angle and pissed my mom off whenever she rode with me. i got another nut from the junkyard when i picked up my old EX lip and now they are back to stock. if you want to do it right, get a motor, arm, and housing out of a mercedes benz and it will sweep your entire window from the center with one arm, and wont look like your wipers are broken.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I have to try and fins a link but there was a site that showed how to mod the stock wiper arm to cover the whole windsheild and it was on a CRX
              http://crx.honda-perf.org/articles/r...monowiper.html

Comment

I can't stand people who does that stupid mod. Why do you want one wiper that serves no purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy
                  I can't stand people who does that stupid mod. Why do you want one wiper that serves no purpose.
                  You might wanna read the rules there's no flaming or ripping people in the beginner section (and most of the board). We all feel that no matter how unaesthetically pleasing, it's not your ride, and beauty is in the eyes of the owner.

And he might want one just to be different. Lotss of appearance mods are non functional. Body kits, serve no real function, undercar lights, no real function, aftermarket shift knobs and steering wheels, no real function.

I also don't approve of the mono wiper, but if he wants to do it, it's his ride.

Comment

one wiper has been done before....idk a DIY on here though...at first i thought it was koo...but then again...it made ya look.....poor IMO

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

I wasn't flaming. I was just saying I couldn't stand the one wiper thing.

Originally posted by visualpoet
                      You might wanna read the rules there's no flaming or ripping people in the beginner section (and most of the board). We all feel that no matter how unaesthetically pleasing, it's not your ride, and beauty is in the eyes of the owner.

And he might want one just to be different. Lotss of appearance mods are non functional. Body kits, serve no real function, undercar lights, no real function, aftermarket shift knobs and steering wheels, no real function.

I also don't approve of the mono wiper, but if he wants to do it, it's his ride.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy
                        I wasn't flaming. I was just saying I couldn't stand the one wiper thing.
                        It's your choice of words. You could have had more diplomacy, lol. A harsh comment like that can turn away newbies and make them lose interest in modding. They can get flamed and ridiculed at some of the other import sites, but deevergote likes things to be friendly around here. It's the reason so many of us are here. Maybe something like "IMO the one wiper mod isn't a good idea, I myself don't like the way it looks, and it actually takes away from the function of the wipers."

Other than that, welcome to both you and the OP.

Comment

I'm sorry if I had offended anyone. Never ment to do that. I'm deff new to this site and plan to learn about the 4th gen accords. It's just that here in MN, you don't ever see any clean cars. They're all riced out, but to each there own.

Originally posted by visualpoet
                          It's your choice of words. You could have had more diplomacy, lol. A harsh comment like that can turn away newbies and make them lose interest in modding. They can get flamed and ridiculed at some of the other import sites, but deevergote likes things to be friendly around here. It's the reason so many of us are here. Maybe something like "IMO the one wiper mod isn't a good idea, I myself don't like the way it looks, and it actually takes away from the function of the wipers."

Other than that, welcome to both you and the OP.

Comment

i reccommend not doing it for two reasons 1. safety you get more coverage with 2 wipers and 2. Just doesn't look right But hey its your car have fun with it. Just make sure to keep the passenger arm just in case you don't like it
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                            X