Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. The light output is horrible on these, plus they just look cheesy. If you take the time, and make your own, you WONT regret it. Even the ones on my car are pretty decent, they're not available anymore, though, apparently. Good luck!

Comment

Your best best bet is a set of retrofits but obviously more on the pricey side. If you have the time, and doesnt even take that long, black out your oem housing and clean up the lense if need be. I did it to my 6th gen and it looks tight. Get some bright bulbs or whatever suits your needs and there you go.

Comment

Ebay projectors suck.
        Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
          those ebay projectors are full of Sh*t..

no light output!...

they tend to get water in them..from my experience..and fog up..

they use even more expensive bulbs than stock

JDM 1 piece or DIY Retrofit FTW!!!!!..
          X2

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

God Damn!! It doesn't look like anyone likes the ebay projectors. I have a set on my sisters car, the ones that come with the black bumper lenses. Mine came with bulbs also. And i belive they are common, H4 and H7 bulbs. Altough I too can agree with the light out put looking dimmer than the oem silverstars I'm used to seeing. I don't agree with the claims that the light output is $hit. It lights up the road well enough for us, so far. We got NO complaints about that. And also with the simple fact the silvain also makes silverstars for these size bulbs also. Which leave me to belive that the light outptu could be even better and also when I add in an upgraded HD harness to the battery. I KNOW the light out put will even better yet. And frankly I really like the look of these projector housings.
            I have 2 different set of retro HIDs (S2K with washer mod, and E55s with washer mod and shield modded) in my taurus's so I know what a good light output looks like and these ebay ones are not as bad as people are leading them to be. We have also not had any fogging in them and all the bulbs still work, we've only had them on for 1 year so far.
            But just like everyone else has been saying. it is your money do what YOU want, not what everone is telling you. You may regret it in the future and you may not. I just want to shed my bit of first hand expeirence with these. casue so far it's all been bad and someone has to say something good about these
            But good luck and please let us know what you decided on

Comment

ebay projectors are a waste of money. i had them...and went back to stock. mod the stockers or get jdm 1pc.
              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by whiteafroking
                I actually did black out my stock ones, I like the look but anything would have better light output than them... my buddy complains about his projectors but they are soo much bright than mine... I wouldnt mind something i could put some HID's in either...

you did your wrong. from the looks of your sig, you painted the ENTIRE reflective part of them. you werent supposed to paint the entire part. just everything but the bowl in the headlight.

i bet if you get another set of OEM headlights and blackhoused them right, it'll have better light output.

the ebay projectors are complet shnit unless you get the HID kit for the projector. what i did was took the projectors out of a set i had and may end up using them for a retrofit. but i compared them to the light output of my OEM ones and the OME won but default.

Comment

just get TSX projectors and retrofit em if you want them projecters guy..er..whoever posted this thread.

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by whiteafroking
                    I actually did black out my stock ones, I like the look but anything would have better light output than them... my buddy complains about his projectors but they are soo much bright than mine... I wouldnt mind something i could put some HID's in either...
                    From your picture, it looks as if you blacked out EVERYTHING... that's why there's no output. You need to keep the silver in the back to provide some reflection... otherwise, you just have a bulb behind a cap providing your light. Cheap projectors give horrible output. Get some OEM projectors from a TSX, Audi, BMW, etc... lots of choices... and do a retrofit. Put them in your stock headlight housings. Get yourself an HID kit, and you'll have good looks and fantastic light output.

Comment

Working...
                    X