Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Pin Stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pin Stripping

I looked but didnt find anything. Is there anyway to remove the pinstriping besides the 3m thing/ Thats $40 bucks i dont want to spend on it.

Go to a paint supply store and ask them. I bought a wheel that you place on you drill or grinder and it's almost like a big eraser and it takes them right off with out harming the paint. i can take a pic of it when i get home if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
      I looked but didnt find anything. Is there anyway to remove the pinstriping besides the 3m thing/ Thats $40 bucks i dont want to spend on it.
      you could just take off what you can and use adhesive remover like goo be gone to remove the rest. i have a bottle of goo be gone somewhere but i would have to look for it though.
      my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
      MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

yea i went to pepboys to get goo gone and they were like o we dont carry that anymore....i was pissed...yea pete let me no if you have any.

PS you should see the car now

ph0en1x how much was the tool you bought? Yea pictures would be great

Comment

yea i went to pepboys to get goo gone and they were like o we dont carry that anymore....i was pissed...yea pete let me no if you have any.

ill check for it in my crib and see if i got it still.
          my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
          MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Brian,
            If peteypete doesn't can't find his, check Home Depot, they carry it (at least they do here).
            "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
            "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
            ><((((º>

Comment

The tool itself was only 10 bucks. I will take a pic when i get off of work.

Comment

is it that bad, cause im looking into adding some on mine to give it more lines for the car since my side moldings are the same color as my body.
                hehe sweet

Comment

Goo off stuff didn't work for me at all.
                  wat?

Comment

I asked my brother who has done it before, he says this is the best bet Tool

Comment

pete just stoped by with the goo gone and it works just slowly....i think if i put it on and use this tool it should work . As for puting them on i hate them.... my lx doesnt have them and it looks so much better ...

Comment

well it looks better on than it does partially off with just the adhesive showing.. a car just like mine was parked right next to me when i came out of the mall and the owner peeled the stripe off but left the stickyness and it looked so ugly >.>
                        but on would generally only look good if it goes with your cars color scheme..
                        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                          well it looks better on than it does partially off with just the adhesive showing.. a car just like mine was parked right next to me when i came out of the mall and the owner peeled the stripe off but left the stickyness and it looked so ugly >.>
                          but on would generally only look good if it goes with your cars color scheme..

yea im gonna paint it this summer anyway so i will have to see what i do till than

Comment

Yea. I did this last summer. I used a light sand paper, and I wet sanded them off. When they were all gone, I used TurtleWax polishing compound to blend everything in. I washed the car first before applying the compound. Just take your time, and don't sand too deep. Go with a light grit sand paper. My car looks like they were never there ater 14 years.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

i used a heat gun (aka hairdryer) and just peeled mine off
                              worked really well and got all the adhesive off with it
                              OHIO CB7'S #11
                              SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Working...
                              X