Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

carbon fiber hood VS carbon and kevlar hood??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbon fiber hood VS carbon and kevlar hood??

think of getting one of those. give me your feedback

Riiight.

You're going to have us a little more to work with than that. Pictures of your car...what you hope to accomplish...even what you want to know about them.

Comment

Yeah...what do you wanna know?

That i know of Carbon-Kevlar hoods dont exist for our cars. If they do theyre either very expensive or very hard to come by. Ive only seen a few in my times and they were all on civics, so...

I would think CF would be your best bet. Itd be a good idea to have hood-pins, and drilling through CF can already be a hazardous, nerve-racking trick...now you might have to drill through CK?!

Not worth it.

Now if you do manage to get it on and everything setup, great, but i personally wouldnt take the chance.

CF > CK

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

carbon fiber is cool. carbon kevlar has no purpose unless you want to stop a bullet

if your car is totallystock other than that hood or you have shitty ebay mods then do us a favor and dont do it

Comment

you guys dont believe me about the hood check this out then
          http://www.winnipegheights.com/forum...d.php?t=152511

Comment

That guy was/is a member here...

And nowhere in that thread does it say that its a CK hood...

Plus, they look so much alike, that you can barely tell the difference. Youd need a good camera to prove so on the net. Otherwsie, its a "in person" kinda thing.

We're not saying we dont believe you. Ive seen them, so i know they exist. As for being mass-produced for the 90-93 accord, i doubt it. If they are, im unaware of it.

I imagine one can be made or fabbed, but as mentioned earlier, its gonna cost ya.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

i may be wrong, but dont cf/kv hoods have a more olive colored tint?

olive hood=lame.

Comment

are those pins really necessary because alot of people that i see rocking cf hoods around here dont have those pins just curious because this gave me a second thought about buying a cf hood.

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

olive hood=lame.

That ive seen/heard, CK(Carbon-Kevlar---not CF) can be painted easir than CF hoods. Dont know why...just what ive heard.

As for the pins, theyre not Necessary, but the latches on alot of CF hoods have been know to be shotty or..."under-supported" and when you're forking out $300, $400 or $500 for a hood, and theres a chance the latch might give out at about 65mph...some $12 hood-pins become a pretty good investment...

Comment

http://www.geminicomposites.com/prod...iber_hood.html
                    ^note their CK stuff can be colored. No CB7 apps though

http://www.deftracing.com/carbon_fib...d_mainlist.htm
                    ^This one was nice too

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2099038&page=1
                    ^either that guys crazy or its really expensive shit...

Comment

cf hood is good enough, ur not taking ur cb into space. as for the color, if you really want a colored tinge to, then get a tinted cf hood. seen a silver one and they look really good

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

yea get a colored carbon fiber hood. they look SWEET!!

Comment

Yea carbon kevlar are a waste of money. Stick to a CF or coloured CF for extra HP

Comment

I definitely saw a carbon/kevlar hood available for the CB7 in my travels at some point.

I've seen em with gold, red, and blue weaves.

They're hard to find, but they are out there.

Comment

but i wanna see one with multiple weave colors.

and yes, teh colored ones do give you extra hp
                              but you dont need that, do you?
                              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Working...
                              X