Anyone have a Siberian Husky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a Siberian Husky?

Does anyone on here have a Siberian Husky female? Me and my wife are wanting to get a dog and we both have a thing for huskies, I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with them. Any advise? pics?

-Kyle
    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

well bro i have two and a friend with two and another friend with two malamutes and another friend with two samoyeds. where to begin first read about the breed and make sure its what you want. they are gorgeous dogs but quite the handful not like a lab. they dont guard, they dont protect, they dont listen to you without much patience and training but all and all my favorite breed ( i guess im a lil bias though, huh?) heres a link Husky Warning well this isnt the best but there is a lil info just google and youll see plenty of info and no they arent that hard its all about patience and a commitment and here are my kids My Animals Page well if you have more detailed questions just toss me a pm

Comment

I don't own one but they're definately my favorite breed of dogs, I love when they have one blue eye and one brown, looks crazy lol. From what I've read they say they're very playful and need lots of attention, they're great with kids and can't be alone for more than 10 hours or they will start chewing your house up. Search online there's lots of sites with information on them.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

umm well if you're not planning to get two dogs and i strongly advise you not to get a husky, they are pack dogs and if they are left alone they might escape by jumping over fences or digging holes or they might tear up everything in your house/garden, if your looking for it to be a guard/warning dog it won't do anything to strangers, they are good with kids. if you want a dog that looks like a husky but is also good at guarding do what i did =) husky x german Shepard.

Click here to see my ride!

Comment

Heres Mine http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=75544
          Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

i dont have one but my brother and sister in law do and believe me they are a lot of work. Like someone said before they require lots of attention and even that doesnt do it all the time they have another dog so it plays with the other dog too but it needs a lot of human attention too. They grow 2 different coats in the summer and winter and at these times shed all over the place and require a lot of brushing. It also dug holes all over the backyard and chewed up more things than i can remember. She is a good dog very playful but has a lot of bad habits and if you dont have any experience with owning a dog huskies wouldnt be a good first one. Also if you dont have a lot of time or a backyard for it to run I wouldnt get one.
            -I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it

Comment

I've had one for about 11 years now and she is probably about the best dog a person could get.....never runs away...she is about 50 pounds and has never attacked anyone....although when she is around dogs her size or larger....she will fight in a heartbeat....she has fought many a dogs including a pit bull.....when we walk her around town if dogs run up on her...she fights....but they are very good dogs...she is an outside dog so I dont know if she would rip up the house or not?.....but regardless...go for it.....huskey's are bad ass dogs and you wont regret it....and she is all alone in our yard....so disregard that *pack animal* statement that was left beforehand....get one...you'll love it

Comment

Originally posted by Hondatuner998

YAAAaa i member u ur dog had pink on. and hes BI or *** or soemthing like that rite.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I want a Husky so damn much. I'm going to get one, a male, and name him Tundra, like the truck.

long live toyota.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                  Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                  NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

here is an older pic of my husky/wolf mix all i got to say is dont leave he or she alone or it will be chewing on whatever and they like to dig and chew and dig and chew

kms-fab.com repin the 513
                    tuned1.com
                    sleeperautosports.com
                    i will build another frank

Comment

why do you think he is husky/wolf mix just asking

Comment

that white one looks high.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Look at the ears there is ur first indication of wolf. They are a little shorter than normal and also very pointy and closer together like a wolf.
                          Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

nope thats a perfect ear size for a husky and how he hold them up or kinda to the side is more of an indication of mood or emotion. i mean he looks like a beautiful representation of a purebred siberian husky husky Colors this is really a good site for pictures of husky and all the diff marking colors and eyes and everything. i imagine this looks like i obsess but i love huskies and so yeah maybe i am obsessed.

Comment

Working...
                            X