The family Pooch, Denver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The family Pooch, Denver.

Finally decided to add my family’s dog, Denver to the Pet Forum.

We adopted him from a local shelter a little more then two years ago when he was right around 8 or 9 months old. The first few pics here are when we first got him home from the shelter and hadn’t fattened him up yet. He is a mix, we think he has some Sharpei and of course Labrador Retriever in him.

You can see in these first two pics how skinny he was when we first got him.

Now to a little bit more recent pics.
    This one was taken last fall when I was raking leaves in the backyard and he decided to lay in the pile so I just kept covering him and he just kept taking it. He thought it made a pretty nice bed.

Ever since then we have tried to keep leaves under the swing set where he likes to lay. We call it his nest. He runs out there and dig around in the leaves before he lays down. And as you can see from these pics we have fattened him up now.

Playing in the backyard with a little Frisbee thing.

And just lounging around in the house.

That’s all for now. Later

i hope our is like that soon, i am getting tired of her bullcrap.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Wow! Denver was super skinny! That was way back in the day. He is just a little crazy chunk running around now! I miss my doodle! This makes me miss woo even more!
      "You are part of a great thing. Live for it, Talk for it and dream for it."
      "A friend is someone who will be there when the rest of the world walks out on you!"

"People who toy with others hearts...are only unhappy in their own lives."

Comment

aww Mike he is cute. I want another dog now.

Nicole
        MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCqT08
          This makes me miss woo even more!
          woo dog (Ginger) is in a better place though babe... Running around chasing rabbits with KC. Later

Comment

I know just not the same...As long as you will let me share doodle then it will be ok?
            "You are part of a great thing. Live for it, Talk for it and dream for it."
            "A friend is someone who will be there when the rest of the world walks out on you!"

"People who toy with others hearts...are only unhappy in their own lives."

Comment

Rack up the Kills

So yesterday as it was pouring down rain, Denver was out in the backyard barking at something on the ground like he does when he manages to catch a chipmunk, rabbit, or the occasional groundhog.. I put on a rain coat since it was pouring rain, to see what he had now.. Turns out it was a fat toad hopping across the yard. This thing was probably the size of a softball. The only thing I can think of is that it came uphill from your neighbor's creek.. It hopped out of our backyard before I was able to get the camera and get a picture of Denver next to it.. The toad didnt appear to be injured or anything so I dont believe that Denver picked it up or really tried to harm it like he does with all the other creatures that he catches.. Here are two pictures that I managed to snap looking through the fencing into my neighbor's yard..

So far just this last month and that I have seen, Denver has been able to catch 3 Chipmunks, a baby bird, a full grown rabbit, 4 tiny baby rabbits, and he chased a full grown groundhog across the backyard grabbing it by the tail and trapping it in the corner before I got him away from it.. He is definatly a hunting dog, although he does enjoy playing with the creatures before he finishes them off.. lol. Later

Comment

UPDATE: Well he did it again. He had 2 groundhogs cornered in the fence earlier today.. I managed to get one caught and taken out of the city, but the other managed to get away.. I am sure it will be back though.. They always do come back after they get away.. I have a trap setup now with little pieces of carrot in it and Denver is out there right now trying to get into the trap to get the carrot pieces.. lol.

Comment

So we got our first little taste of snow today.. Just barely a dusting but Denver and I decided to take advantage of it.. We got a few pics of the CB, the backyard and Denver.

Comment

Working...
                  X