She lives!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She lives!!!

ok so today was the day my baby "carly" finally after almost four months lives and breathes right. she first got an h22 swap which ended in the cylinders being washed due to mis information on injectors that were sold. and before that a bad ecu. then she got a "new" block H23 which had a spun #2 rod bearing and knocked really bad. and then had a burnt wire under fuse box in engine bay which caused no power to injectors or fuel pump and main relay on an intermitent basis. problems resolved we finally got her back together and buttoned up, charged the battery and she fired right up no problems. no codes, need to set tps and timing and she will be good to go after the complete power steering delete is done. the new suspension is in all the bushings are done(what a bitch and a half) spring rates and ride height has been set and adjusted. got a few small things to do before the meet and she is done for now til the other surprises come into play then on to the dyno for tuning. but she finally lives after almost four months of chillin on stands in judonoh's driveway she may very well leave really soon.

thanks to justin for the help and work and space and infinite time.
    thanks to liz(j's wife ) for tolerating me and shannon and my ride chillin at the house for soooooooo long
    and thanks to shannon for her time labor and patience oh yeah and the parts we bummed from your car. i couldn't have done it without you. and we loved having you get dirty and turning wrenches with us.

now i just want to drive my baby after not being able to forever.

she is finally powered by a frank Vtec h23 stock p13 ecu with vafc, full urethane, full head back exhaust, omni power full coilovers,front and rear upper braces, rear lower tie bar, full front rear camber kits AND NO FUCKING JB WELD OR RETARDED HOLES CUT IN HER FOR "CLEARANCE" but yeah i got four zip ties on her holding front brake lines in place til i get the braided lines, damn omni's don't have mounts for the rubber line brackets
    My other ride is your ex-wife

Originally posted by 93cbh22
    ok so today was the day my baby "carly" finally after almost four months lives and breathes right. she first got an h22 swap which ended in the cylinders being washed due to mis information on injectors that were sold. and before that a bad ecu. then she got a "new" block H23 which had a spun #2 rod bearing and knocked really bad. and then had a burnt wire under fuse box in engine bay which caused no power to injectors or fuel pump and main relay on an intermitent basis. problems resolved we finally got her back together and buttoned up, charged the battery and she fired right up no problems. no codes, need to set tps and timing and she will be good to go after the complete power steering delete is done. the new suspension is in all the bushings are done(what a bitch and a half) spring rates and ride height has been set and adjusted. got a few small things to do before the meet and she is done for now til the other surprises come into play then on to the dyno for tuning. but she finally lives after almost four months of chillin on stands in judonoh's driveway she may very well leave really soon.

thanks to justin for the help and work and space and infinite time.
    thanks to liz(j's wife ) for tolerating me and shannon and my ride chillin at the house for soooooooo long
    and thanks to shannon for her time labor and patience oh yeah and the parts we bummed from your car. i couldn't have done it without you. and we loved having you get dirty and turning wrenches with us.

now i just want to drive my baby after not being able to forever.

she is finally powered by a frank Vtec h23 stock p13 ecu with vafc, full urethane, full head back exhaust, omni power full coilovers,front and rear upper braces, rear lower tie bar, full front rear camber kits AND NO FUCKING JB WELD OR RETARDED HOLES CUT IN HER FOR "CLEARANCE" but yeah i got four zip ties on her holding front brake lines in place til i get the braided lines, damn omni's don't have mounts for the rubber line brackets
    Most likely because you were supposed to use the old ones off your stock strut.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Most likely because you were supposed to use the old ones off your stock strut.
      What, cut and weld?
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
        What, cut and weld?
        No I had to do it with my teins. You can knock off the old brake bracket off the stock strut with a hammer (preferably rubber mallet) and it comes off.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

No I had to do it with my teins. You can knock off the old brake bracket off the stock strut with a hammer (preferably rubber mallet) and it comes off.
          but there is no place to mount them on the smooth surface smart guy

Comment

Congrats!

Yes the new beast is alive!

Comment

Originally posted by 93cbh22
              but there is no place to mount them on the smooth surface smart guy
              My surface was smooth on the teins all you do is slide them on then put it in the fork and it holds it in place.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

smart solution, smart guy

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                  smart solution, smart guy
                  lol it even says it in the tein manual. You just install like that your car the strut doesnt sit right. The brake line holder acts like a "spacer" I guess you can say to even the install on the shock so you dont put too much in the fork on one side and have an uneven car.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

lol it even says it in the tein manual. You just install like that your car the strut doesnt sit right. The brake line holder acts like a "spacer" I guess you can say to even the install on the shock so you dont put too much in the fork on one side and have an uneven car.
                    well thats *** cuz if you can't use a measuring tape correctly on your spring rate and ride height adjustments your shit will still be crooked. and i have ordered stainless brake lines so no need to have to remove more bullshit. fuck ni**er rigging. that's the whole reason we are scrapping "the beast" because todd's dumb mother fucking ass jerry rigged everythign and cut and hacked and zip tied and jb welded everything and built the car with used head gaskets and head bolts and no torque wrench and fucked it all up.

DO IT RIGHT OR FUCK YOUR SHIT UP AND BE LAUGHED AT

Comment

You should have been able to knock your old brake line holder off your strut. Whatever tape measure is final height thats obvious...I was talking about the amount the fork goes over hard to explain but yea. whatever works.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah yeah ok ok different strokes for different folks my bitch.

Comment

Your bitch...I dont think so. How soon can you move your car out of my driveway...My brother keeps on calling me about it...

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

just kidding bro damn. it will be gone by the end of the week. damn ignition switch on the vigor died yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                            X