Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got me a f22b block and head (DOHC non vtec) from the pick and pull LOL! 1 year warranty and only thing wrong with it was a broken cam bolt (where it holds the cam). took the block apart head first and everything looks good! can't beat 150 bucks and 13 month warranty lol. ohh and it wasn't from a CB it was from a CD model. I think i turned to the non vtec side...
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Put a new Magnaflow muffler and Magnaflow catalytic converter on last week.

Comment

Originally posted by trah View Post
        got me a f22b block and head (DOHC non vtec) from the pick and pull LOL! 1 year warranty and only thing wrong with it was a broken cam bolt (where it holds the cam). took the block apart head first and everything looks good! can't beat 150 bucks and 13 month warranty lol. ohh and it wasn't from a CB it was from a CD model. I think i turned to the non vtec side...
        You will love the motor, I love mine.

****Since the motor is out PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE replace your balance shaft retainers as there was a recall on these motors because they never had any retainers installed.if it wasn't fixed back then you could possibly have your balance shafts walk out on you and dump all the oil out of the motor in mere minutes.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
          You will love the motor, I love mine.

****Since the motor is out PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE replace your balance shaft retainers as there was a recall on these motors because they never had any retainers installed.if it wasn't fixed back then you could possibly have your balance shafts walk out on you and dump all the oil out of the motor in mere minutes.
          Yeah it has that retainer but I never had any issues before with the H's and F's I had previously. Got a 2nd Gen dsm manifold and 16g turbo.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by trah View Post
            Yeah it has that retainer but I never had any issues before with the H's and F's I had previously. Got a 2nd Gen dsm manifold and 16g turbo.
            From what I understand is that only F22b's have this issue with the retainers.

Comment

H23 h22 and f22 has these issues, I know from experience.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Got a new oil pan.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

sold the 16g turbo and 2nd gen dsm mani. got misc gaskets and new valves for the f22b.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

had a very lucky day at roosevelt u pull it
                    there was only one CD accord with oem bordeaux red metallic paint, it may have been the only red 1990-2002 accord in the whole yard, cuz i checked every import.

my current left rear door

my soon to be new one

the innards were completely unmolested, so nothing was torn apart like i normally find them, this also meant i had to go through the task of removing them at the junkyard; gave me some knowledge i intend to use when i go to install the door sometime in the future.

i also pulled an acura vigor rear sway to increase my 14mm bar to 16. i got an even better deal on that bar than the 50% sale, he did not even notice i had that, so he did not charge me at all.

apart from that i did not see much at roosevelt that was "out-of-this-world".
                    but for those of you with EX/SE rear crossmembers, there are at least two more acura vigors out there to upgrade your rear sways from 14 to 16mm. realize that if you do not have an ex/se rear crossmember puting an oem bar on usually requires welding, but at 50% off, there are plenty of rear crossmembers, and CB7Tuner member "Tippey764" made an outstanding DIY for swapping rear corssmembers

there is a volvo lip in the first three rows on the left as you walk down the center row past the crusher, after those three rows is a two row break. if the correct volvo is not before the break, then its just after the break; i do appologize, my memory is beginning to fade; atleast you can ask the front where all the volvo's are , but it is the correct volvo lip, i know because i have one in my possession, i pulled it off my CB because it was too low fro the car after dropping the front four inches

my insuranace settlement from my Febuary accident is cooming soon, (case just went to arbitration court), im seeking 5-6 grand, (loss of use for 3 months included, and a sprained wrist for 1 1/2 months). if my settlement is more than 4 grand, i am likely ditching the 94 sedan, for either a 1990-1997 coupe of 92-96 prelude. then selling the cd5; the new door increases my price from 2000, to 2500 , and i have only paid a total of just under 1000; 650 for the car, 220 for taxes, and some odds and ends of parts, if anybody here wants it let me know.

this summer is going great for me
                    Last edited by KB7; 05-27-2011, 03:47 PM.
                    _

Comment

ok the color is a little off; it may improve a little if i remove the different pintripes. my graphic design degree suggests that should help a lot, but they are truly two different shades.

but i can have the door painted for much cheaper than the other door which would require body work

either way i am much happier; mainly because i had alot of fun learning. it was pretty easy, even though i had to swap all of the insides prior to yesterday i had never taken a door off a car, or had to put one on till today; did it all by myself, right outside my apartment between 1 and 3 PM. probably needless to say but i am happy to be back on my computer inside my apartment.
                      _

Comment

Yellow fog lights on my ride, and a fresh oil change.
                        99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Had timing belt, waterpump, seals etc. all done yesterday along with 2 new motor mounts.

Comment

Kinda fixed my A/C, does not blow as cold as i would like; I might need a newer expansion valve, but at least its blowing cooler air. Replaced my exhaust manifold cover with a decent one from the junkyard, I plan to paint it, debating on painting it Bordeax red metalic, but likely will paint it black to match the valve cover. possibly rhino liner. will be changing the timing belt and all driver side motor seals soon, and a replacement of my slightly wobbly harmonic balancer

still waiting for arbitratration court to determine who's at fault from my feb 20th houston accident. if the other driver is deemed at fault i will seek about 6,000, and intend to spend 3,000 in a cb. then i will sell my cd for around 2,000 and bank about 5,000. next year hopefully h swap
                            Last edited by KB7; 06-27-2011, 12:43 PM.
                            _

Comment

new smaller battery, Skunk2 shift knob, and diy solid shift arm bushing.

Comment

the car is in pieces. i was in the middle of painting it, and swapping to 5 speed h22. so its all in a hold for now

COMMENT MY RIDES!!!!

91 blue accord ex 4 door automatic

Comment

Working...
                                X