No announcement yet.

Those in Central TX interesting in more than drag racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Val I want to do it too So we should go together. Itd be fun. Gotta fix the beast first though.Let me know.
    Formerly: sheisanonymous

Comment

Yeah i need a new turbo for the cb before i could go after this. but i havent figured out what turbo i want still. You guys should be able to help me what are the top speeds you reach during autox? If i want to build the car for this i need to know where i need my power.

I think it will be awhile before i try it still just want to do my homework, but i have always thought that this would be way more fun than drag racing.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
        Yeah i need a new turbo for the cb before i could go after this. but i havent figured out what turbo i want still. You guys should be able to help me what are the top speeds you reach during autox? If i want to build the car for this i need to know where i need my power.

I think it will be awhile before i try it still just want to do my homework, but i have always thought that this would be way more fun than drag racing.
        You should never reach more than about 65-70 or so. (again all this kind of stuff is on that site) it's gonna be probably about 30-70mph most of the time. I'm going with a smaller 14b with a .48 trim, was going to go smaller but I don't want to run out at the top end and risk heat death, especially in texas. The sooner you spool the faster, seeing as how this isn't drag you will end up slowing down below what a larger turbo would start to spool at, so say if you get a turbo with a .60 trim say that boosts afer 4k and you are back down to 3 half the time around turns you are basically riding around with dead weight half the time. The other thing to consider is if you are going to be boosting earlier you will have some traction issues, especially if you have removed a lot of weight from the engine bay. I intend to leave as much in as I can, opposite of what most ppl do. Probably only going to run about 7-8 psi and tune the heck out of it, I want instant tq#'s.

my quick .o2
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Last course at mineral wells we were hitting close to 90 mph on the back straight in my buddies s2k. Really at mineral wells you cant fuck up your car since its basically flat. You will just get a face full of grass and maybe a ripped bumper. I like mineral wells though other than that one part that had some gravel on the road (prob gone now) S2k got a lil twitchy on there. But yea I should be out after I get my tein ss. Lack of power steering is gonna suck on those 90 degree turns.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
          X