• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those in Central TX interesting in more than drag racing

http://www.spokes.org/index.php
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

cool but dude dirt track = gunk up in all yer parts. I will look later for a link I have there are autocross specific groups and tracks (for myself and the locals they are here in the dfw area) and I'm working towards an autocross track car cb7 .
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I rally and Auto X in DFW but not in my CB i do it im MY AWD ALLTRAC MUHAHAHAHHAHAH 1988 4WD 3SGTE 15PSI with a Big 4 Inch Hole through my Block !!!!! I don't do it anymore since I need to buy a new Motor but I Will be opening a shop in DFW for AutoX and Rally which will be specializing in Acura/Honda/Toyota More so Toyota and Honda called Taemd Motorsports Also I will be a distributor of all performance Parts such as AEM, DC, Skunk 2, Blox, RC Injectors Apexi, Greddy and MORE WOOT WOOT
      either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

gonna have to start a cb7tuner drift spec club

Comment

Lets name drop some more and not talk about racing, mk?
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

BAHAHAHA. Whenever I am in town and got time I am just going to mineral wells.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
              Lets name drop some more and not talk about racing, mk?
              Mr Hat doesn't like names

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                cool but dude dirt track = gunk up in all yer parts. I will look later for a link I have there are autocross specific groups and tracks (for myself and the locals they are here in the dfw area) and I'm working towards an autocross track car cb7 .
                i am very interested in autocross please let me know any info you find out about it.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=918970

there's a cb7t thread, none of us are probably going to go this time around, but here is a link to the club site:

http://www.autocross.com/texasregion/

I do believe most of their events for tx are in the dfw area, so you'd do a bit of driving to make it.

Comment

oh i want to go to that school so bad!!!

this is something i really want to get into but know nothing about. gonna need to do reading and find out what this is all about but those who have actually done this what mods do you need to really do good at this sport, i understand its more about steering than speed. but fill me in.

Comment

They usually have one every couple of weeks at mineral wells. I will ask my friend for the site. You need your basic suspension setup/helmet/driving skills. They also have a pre safety inspection where they make sure all your brakes/tires/nothing in car and such before they let you out on the track. Its a fun event. You dont have to be fast your just out there to have a good time. Saw a miata out there last time i went dude was takin it easy haha hes like im still new and gettin used to the car. After saying that he understeered into a shit load of cones baller haha. But its a fun learning experience. Also bring a helmet =D Some venues will have them some will not. If they do sometimes its not enough and unless you like sweaty heads from other people i would bring your own.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah i have been reading gonna need a helmet gonna have to go look at some. been talking to mike about it and he doesnt seem to like the idea of it he thinks i will break my car. But i would def take it slow, just have fun and learn not so much be there to tear thro it and kill my car. I have to talk mike into it still.

Comment

Oh you wont break anything. Bodywise. Engine wise should be fine as long as tune ups and such are done. Cones dont do d amage to cars =D The gravel and crap however will if there is some. MY friends s2k has an aftermarket kit hit a few cones and didnt fuck it up so its all g. The only t hing you would have to worry about is tires/motor other than that its a great experience and meet a lot of new people. Whenever I go its a miata/s2k thing but other cars are welcome. Usually an STi or so over there. Dont forget pre registration and you pay at the place. You also need some painters tape to make your numbers =D>

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hes not worried about the body only the engine. LOL. but i keep telling him i dont drive like he does. I think if i could get him to go and just watch one of these events he would get into it. his crx would be perfect for it i think. I want to do it with the accord and then later with both cars from what im reading if they break into as many classes that i read about they would go in different classes.

Is there a way to reallly practice for this??? what are some common driving skills that i would need to know for it?

Comment

just go to the school, it's earlier than the regular runs but they will teach you. Also go back to that site and read the 'typical day', it will explian a lot. should be able to get your own helmet on ebay for a reasonable amount. I don't think you'll break anything, they let you go even if you are 100% stock. Brakes and tires will wear a decent bit, so plan on losing some tread. It's all good though, our cb7's are quite well suited to autoX.

Comment

Working...
                              X