Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love When My CB Breaks, LOL. Whats Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love When My CB Breaks, LOL. Whats Next?

Okay this is what happed. I was cruising back home on 360 when my oil light came on. I was trying to figure out why cuz I did an oil change a month ago. So I just relaxed and continued cruisng home til I hit matlock and abram. When I accelerated, I heard this clonking noise coming from engine and I noticed that my CB was going slow. So once I got into my complex, I lifed up the hood and saw an oil leakage come from my distributor and somthing tells me that the timing belt slipped. So yeah I'm screwed once again with having a messed up ride again.

The things I'm thinking is the valves got bent, timing belt slipped and oil leakage all happen at the same time. This just gets better and better.

So I got 2 choices now. My pops is coming down thanksgiving week. I told me that he's going to buy me a new car. Thats the First one. I'm thinking of selling it and getting a 240SX with an SR20DET or keep the car but do some drastic upgrading.

But for now, that week that he's coming down is long ways away. So What Cylinder Head upgrade should I do for the mean time?
    F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
    My Member's Thread
    Arcadia Green #14

Go for a f22x replacement head!

Comment

I was thinking about doing a F22X replacement head but what up with this G23 thing. I was reading up on it but would it be more expensive then just doing a replacement head. I was thinking of getting a h23 non-vtec and using that as the new head
      My Member's Thread
      Arcadia Green #14

Comment

If you had really been reading up on it, you'd know it was a bad idea. Replace the f head, buit I have a feeling you need a new motor. Why would you keep driving a car that was telling you it had an oil issue? And what is the "something" that tells you your timing belt slipped? It doesn't sound like it to me. Clunking usually isn't the timing belt or valves, it's usually something large and internal. Especially since you were able to keep driving it. I'm going to guess you need a whole new engine. If your Dad gets you something newish and reliable. Keep it. You don't seem to be in a place in your life that modding or even maintaining an older car is an option for you.

Comment

Thats probably true due the fact that the past 3 months have been financially in a bind, but after this paycheck that coming up, I'll be able to maintain things that need to be.
          My Member's Thread
          Arcadia Green #14

Comment

never put off stopping when your oil light comes on. if you do, then you need to just have a newer car just as a DD with no mods.

you see the oil light come on, STOP. theres obviously a reason why it did come on. no. your valves arent bent. you probably bent a rod or spun a bearing being that you drove home with the oil light on...wow.....dont get the 240. learn to take care of a car 1st. THEN start learning to mod. just like Poet said, you need a new motor. if you hear a tapping, yeah. you bent some valves. but that would only come from the timing belt JUMPING timing or snapping. you hear a CLOPPING sound, thats something in the bottom end.

and dont always count the next check. i USED to but dont anymore. something might come up(and it always does) that prevents you from getting your plan done.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
              never put off stopping when your oil light comes on. if you do, then you need to just have a newer car just as a DD with no mods.

you see the oil light come on, STOP. theres obviously a reason why it did come on. no. your valves arent bent. you probably bent a rod or spun a bearing being that you drove home with the oil light on...wow.....dont get the 240. learn to take care of a car 1st. THEN start learning to mod. just like Poet said, you need a new motor. if you hear a tapping, yeah. you bent some valves. but that would only come from the timing belt JUMPING timing or snapping. you hear a CLOPPING sound, thats something in the bottom end.

and dont always count the next check. i USED to but dont anymore. something might come up(and it always does) that prevents you from getting your plan done.
              to very true!! like stated before its most likly not timing belt. you drove the motor with little to no oil pressure. that did alot of damage, thats even more reenforced by the motor making clunking sounds. if the timing belt had broken on your car, it would have just stopped. but you stated that it kept going just slowing down and not performing well.
              Maintenance before mods (sometimes you find out the hard way.) and a replacment motor is cheap, get an a6 if you can find it.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Damn...I cant believe you didnt stop when the oil light came on. Guess we all do make mistakes. The problem with that is when the oil pressure light comes on ALWAYS pull over...because in a few seconds thats usually catastrophic failure...Anyway just get an f22a head and redo everything. Distributor o ring is like 75 cents. But yea I would take a look to double check if your oil filter was the right size or the drain bolt was on tight. Other than that just buy an f22a head its cheaper and they are abundant.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I was thinking of this idea of getting a motor. Me and Trev swap it out, then use the messed up engine and begin to build a turbo motor. Not rushing to build it but to take time in the process and build it up right. I like the NA scene, think its freakin great. But what I'll start to do is read up on the turbo sect. and understand how everything works. I go turbo stuff laying around and was going to jump on and just slap it on. But this is a lesson to learn and the time to understand how to do things right.
                  My Member's Thread
                  Arcadia Green #14

Comment

Working...
                  X