Socal Whats new with your RIDE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens_CB7 View Post
    its not rice but how you like it, dont let them get to you bro keep it coming, i like it and its unique, you cant be slammed etc etc like everyone else, specially here in cali. and the people that do, dont mind changing parts from under the car every now and then lol
    Sure we want to be unique. But you want your uniqueness to bring good criticisms and break necks left and right.

Trust me, if he had that kit and his car was on bags, with some gangster ass wheels, it be dope. Although body kits are a little played out, you can still pull it off by doing it PROPERLY.

Look at my old cb7, I took the risk of the chrome look and the polished rims and pulled it off. So I'm sure he can pull off the look with a different set of wheels and bag that shit. Because with a static suspension, good luck. Lol.

And about cars being low, I mean slammed, all I gotta say is "Go Low Or Go Home!" my buddy with his old school bug once told me, "if you ain't rubbin, you ain't dubbin!" so when my cb7 was rubbin, I asked him if my Honda was dubbin. Lol.
    Last edited by jhondayaaj; 08-07-2012, 11:04 PM.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Jed, if you're reading this. Post a pic of your old cb7 kitted. The gold one. That thing was sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
        And about cars being low, I mean slammed, all I gotta say is "Go Low Or Go Home!" my buddy with his old school bug once told me, "if you ain't rubbin, you ain't dubbin!" so when my cb7 was rubbin, I asked him if my Honda was dubbin. Lol.
        yeah well not everybody has the $$$ or time for that, as you know not everyone has the same economical situation.........but if you work hard and find your ways it can be done. im going the same route as him, well not exactly but going for the unique style, i want that good criticism for my car and brake necks lol just gotta make everything flow and look good all together like you said.

ohhh and he has a h23 swap

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
        My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

its not rice but how you like it, dont let them get to you bro keep it coming, i like it and its unique, you cant be slammed etc etc like everyone else, specially here in cali. and the people that do, dont mind changing parts from under the car every now and then lol
          thanks man i appreciate your support!

Well, I always liked that kit. But the rims gotta go because it makes the car look funny. Invest into some 16" rims. Something authentic to go with that authentic kit. I would look into in the x7 or x8 with et of 30 will be just about perfect without a lot of fender mods. If you know anything about HP, you would know with that 3" exhaust, it would actually not benefit you unless you have a mildly built h22 motor. Because if I remember correctly, u have a h22 swap right?

I ain't tryin to put u on blast, just giving you something what I would do if I had that kit. And knowing me, with that kit, I'd be on air too.

As for the performance criticism, I have been in the game for sometime, just never really built an actual engine of my own to show for because of personal reasons. Trust me, I'm a Kool cat. Not an ass. If u ever need anything from advice to whatever, don't hesitate. I'll do what I can.
          Thanks man, your right about the wheels, I think some 16s would really bring everything together and make the kit stand out to its full potential. thanks for the advice man

Comment

yeah well not everybody has the $$$ or time for that, as you know not everyone has the same economical situation.........but if you work hard and find your ways it can be done.
            Honestly $$$$ is the lamest excuse. If you're too broke, then investing money on fixing up cars should be last on you list.

As for snoozes upgrade/down grade body kit. To each of his own. Everyone is entitled to speak their opinions. During eibach I was listening to this guy saying how much he doesn't like the parts and what I've done to my car. Yet he keeps looking at it.

What I dont really understand what direction you're going with your car. I'm confused as hell. You're all about performance, but you slap a body kit on your car. Soo you're technically trying to say you're show and go. Even If you're running an h23a. It makes the cb a little faster. If you wanna be performance then you'd either need to beef up that engine to carry the extra load and extra wind drag your body kit brings.

The xenon kit is a strictly show kit. You need more than 16s to fill in the gaps on the wheel wells. Kits like those require 18s to make your car look decent.

I've been through all the phases in the car game. Body kits, motor swaps, low offsets, jdm whatever's... I ain't clownin you I'm just telling you through experience.
            Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 08-08-2012, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
              well i didnt really spend that much on the kit, i put it on because ive seen pics of it and i think it looks pretty cool and its rare. 3inch exhaust equals more power so thats why I have it. I guess this kit is "rice" lol I thought it was "old school" but what ever... i like it so thats all that matters... If people want to call it "rice" then what ever I aint trippin, to each his own. Im just trying to be different not trendy and try to copy someone elses style or look. Plus I like it when people hate and call me "rice" but then they are scared to go heads up and race.......im not all about looks, im mainly about performance. So my car is deceiving, they think its "all show" but in reality its "all go" lol
              My comment was more about your huge exhaust than hating on your kit. That large of a diameter exhaust is going to actually hurt your performance unless you have a turbo or are supercharged. I also read earlier in your build thread that you had to "de-rice" your car because it came with a kit so I was surprised that you put another kit on your car. I do dislike the way the way the kit flows with the shape of the car. It's too rounded and bottom heavy to flow well with the natural lines of the CB. Haters are gonna hate so I guess I'm gonna hate.
              ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                Honestly $$$$ is the lamest excuse. If you're too broke, then investing money on fixing up cars should be last on you list.

As for snoozes upgrade/down grade body kit. To each of his own. Everyone is entitled to speak their opinions. During eibach I was listening to this guy saying how much he doesn't like the parts and what I've done to my car. Yet he keeps looking at it.

What I dont really understand what direction you're going with your car. I'm confused as hell. You're all about performance, but you slap a body kit on your car. Soo you're technically trying to say you're show and go. Even If you're running an h23a. It makes the cb a little faster. If you wanna be performance then you'd either need to beef up that engine to carry the extra load and extra wind drag your body kit brings.
                thats exactly how it is for me, last on the list but not out the list, gotta show some love to the cb. and i didnt give the excuse like saying oh i dont have money but that for some people other things comes first and like you said the car is last on the list.

he's rolling on 18s right now

its good to hear support and ideas from people that has the experience and have been through different trends with their cars

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Well, when I had my cb, I had a mortgage payment and I also have six kids. Lol. Yes money is everything. I dont care what anyone says. No money, no overnight parts from Japan. Lol.

Comment

I agree with Jhonda, money is everything especially in the car scene, I think the thing with snooze is that he's changing his mind quite a bit during his build. What matters is what you come out with really, that's when you see everything pay off..

On another note yesterday got my hub, quick release & steering wheel installed as well as an oil change, today I'm hoping to re-drill my front lip & do the CD5 rear lip mod after shaving off the edges then painting it black, maybe plastidip?
                    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

at the end, money is everything in this hobby. if your whip is suffering or being half assed because youre struggling with dough. then this hobby isnt for you. thats all to it.

some people arn't just patient enough to build a car. a good product takes time. save the money, then buy the quality part for your car. rather than buying a cheap part because it doesnt cost much and you want it on now. then back up your reasoning with "i dont have money like other people, i aint rich, cars arent my priority thats why i put whatever i can buy"

Comment

Well, when I had my cb, I had a mortgage payment and I also have six kids. Lol. Yes money is everything. I dont care what anyone says. No money, no overnight parts from Japan. Lol.
                        Even with a mortgage payment and six kids you found a way to get it done. Mostly because you had a vision and patience to find the parts that you want at prices you were willing to pay.

Most of the nicer builds on this site are from members who have had their cars for years. Some of them have even had multiple CBs to collect parts from or they were waiting on one of their fellow cb7tuners to part out to get their rare parts. Ask someone the history of their rare part and they can usually tell you who it used to belong to. Jed's R33 grill has been signed by every person who has owned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
                          Jed's R33 grill has been signed by every person who has owned it.
                          the truth! haha

Comment

Will be cleaning my injectors today. Hope it helps with my stumbling
                            NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                            DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
                              It was good to see you Joesue. I was in the middle of pulling apart the GTE in the black sc since it was bleeding to death after getting off the dyno on Saturday morning. I had asked a bunch of people to bring special service tools for me to borrow/buy with them to the meet that day, so I had to go meet with them before they took off.

I ordered a new reinforcement/frame piece for my SC to make the bumper/hood alignment perfect (I hope). I also ordered a bunch of clips and bolts to resolve any interior rattles that my car has.
                              same to you Long. havent seen you for a minute too man. and I didn't know you put a gte in your sc. hows it runnin?
                              I was thinking either save up for airride or going na-t next year. well see. you heard of xs power?

Comment

CB is still down, gotta get it ready to pass smog and i dont think they'll do it with the ebay header i got on lol, plus i doubt it will pass. besides that painted it black, then went red vinyl, didn't like it so i took it all off cept for the fenders, um... trunk and hood are done in CF, working on the corner and bumper lights in CF too, VC is next.
                                Anyone in SD is more than welcome to come peep it, but i been trying to stay off the forum until the car is done cus i get too many ideas from here lol.
                                Also i'll shoot anyone a free DayOld Customs decal if you swing by!
                                Originally posted by scudweiser
                                it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Working...
                                X