Jed from SD movin to IE HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jed from SD movin to IE HELP!!

i know this belongs to the IE thread but ill moderate it and merge it with the IE thread when this doesnt need attention anymore just to keep things organized

anyway, i barely found out the other day that i was accepted to CSUSB for spring term. Im just wondering if anyone has hook ups to part time jobs up there or what not. im supposed to be moving up there sometime jan or end of december.

i kinda have no down time so having a job is a must since i have bills to pay. id like to stay in SD but my mom is pushing me to finish school already.

i know beggers can be choosers but i cant work for less then 10.00 an hour since i havnt worked that low in so long.

anyone going to any calstate?

-is it faster to graduate when you do the quarter system vs the semester system?

and any idea on average price for apt is over there? i got about a month to plan so this is gonna go by fast.

help is much appreciated. thanks

-jEd

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
    i know this belongs to the IE thread but ill moderate it and merge it with the IE thread when this doesnt need attention anymore just to keep things organized

anyway, i barely found out the other day that i was accepted to CSUSB for spring term. Im just wondering if anyone has hook ups to part time jobs up there or what not. im supposed to be moving up there sometime jan or end of december.

i kinda have no down time so having a job is a must since i have bills to pay. id like to stay in SD but my mom is pushing me to finish school already.

i know beggers can be choosers but i cant work for less then 10.00 an hour since i havnt worked that low in so long.

anyone going to any calstate?

-is it faster to graduate when you do the quarter system vs the semester system?

and any idea on average price for apt is over there? i got about a month to plan so this is gonna go by fast.

help is much appreciated. thanks

-jEd
    i don't go to a cal state but i do know that they go by a quarter system. i go to a community college and it goes by semester system which is like 16 weeks. and i could have finished cc and went to a cal state in less than 2 years but i didn't because i slacked off. so imo semester would be quite good.

apartments would be quite expensive esp. if it's near the campus. your look at $1200+. landlords know students need dorms and apartments so the price is high.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

finally jed, i heard you talking about this since like 05 when tony was still active.

anyway for a job i would suggest costco, their pay is decent. i think they start you at like 11 bucks an hour.
      Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
        finally jed, i heard you talking about this since like 05 when tony was still active.

anyway for a job i would suggest costco, their pay is decent. i think they start you at like 11 bucks an hour.
        and i believe, the hours are hectic, but i know they give promotions within like 2 or 3 months dependent on your performance. my friend became shift supervisor in 2 months and became manager. now he makes 16/hr withing 1 year.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

yea i was thinkin costco too but i still also gotta work things out with school, its just overwhelming right now . i gotta plan fast.

im just gonna live with my uncle for now. but i just wanted to get a feel for what it would be. id prefer to live near baseline area and where the 15 connect since thats my neighborhood growing up there as a kid.

Comment

congrats jed! so well have a meet commin up at csusb right?? hahah
            So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

stay with your uncle, then take the 15 to the 210 and hit the 215 to your school. traffic isn't that bad there. I have a cousin who is in the computer technology area, he knows the whole faculty and the school system. if you want, I can give you his # and he'll guide you throough the whole area and schooling and campus. let me know. he'll be very helpful. he's worked over there for a very long time now.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

nice jed!

quarter system moves faster than semester to me. you got 10 week quarters instead of 16 week sems. 3 quarters instead of 2 sems, it moves faster as you change instructors.

rent is fairly decent out there. just don't go into the "ghetto" areas as car theft is just as high there. actually i think one of the cities in the IE was rated the worst in the country so be aware.

i have a few buddies that go there, graduated from there, and teach there and they enjoy, enjoyed, and enjoy their time. gl with that broham!
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Rent is cheeper up here than in San Diego. But whatever you do, don't move to Muscoy. I am paying $940 for a one bedroom apt here that would go for $1200 or more in SD depending on location.

Good luck Jed!

My swap thread
                  Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

thanks kane. ill be moving in with my uncle and when my girl finally decides to move out were gonna get a 1 bedroom apt. how much do you pay with utilites?

apt 940 average

utilities
                    gas/electric
                    water
                    waste
                    internet

about 300? i could be wrong.

the debate of me moving up there is still up in the air since i havnt found a job yet. nor started searching. i just havnt had time. but ill try to find ways to get a job up there asap. i really wanna move up there but i cant with money issues. i just need to make my monthly cc bill, car insurance, phone bill and ill be straight.

Comment

Utilities is so damn cheap in this apt. Monthly I pay only $20 for electric, except summer time with the A/C on I pay $40-$50.

I pay $11-12 for gas.

Water/Waste is free.

I pay like a little above $100 for internet/phone/satellite TV combined.

My swap thread

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                        Utilities is so damn cheap in this apt. Monthly I pay only $20 for electric, except summer time with the A/C on I pay $40-$50.

I pay $11-12 for gas.

Water/Waste is free.

I pay like a little above $100 for internet/phone/satellite TV combined.
                        thats a good deal. wheres your apartment complex at? need a cb7 neighbor? hahah

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
                          thats a good deal. wheres your apartment complex at? need a cb7 neighbor? hahah
                          This is a hugh complex off of Haven south of the airport. I think there is always vacancy's. You can find cheaper places but here we have pools/spas, tennis court, washer/dryer hookups, and balcanies

My swap thread

Comment

a pool ok thats understandable for an apartment complex, but a spa tennis court as well? dang
                            So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
                              a pool ok thats understandable for an apartment complex, but a spa tennis court as well? dang
                              Yeah, I never use that all that crap. Some apartment complexes have all that plus a weight room, plus hi fi connectivity, plus elevators and garages. Those for one bedrooms out here are like $1100-1200/month.

My swap thread

Comment

Working...
                              X