What floor jack do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What floor jack do you use?

The reason I'm asking this in so cal is because most of you guys are slammed. I've searched through all the old threads I could find, and even found one made by me like 3 years ago when I joined the site. Everyone recommended craftsman, and now after about 15 craftsman floor jacks, it is time to look for a different one.

there is a low pro one at costco that seems very good of quality, i might be picking that up and giving it a try

i myself use a regular pep boys jack for now and just drive the cars on 2x4's lol
    Members Ride

Comment

u can get those racing jacks which are ment for lower cars, and made out of titanum and magnesium something like that and shell out the money

or

u can get a reagular jack and just get creative on how u get the jack underneath for example driving over a brick or piece of wood
      So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

I forgot about that one. I was going to buy it back in the day when I went with my friend to stock up on mobil1, but I ran out of cash.

Comment

Costco huh? I gotta check that out. I have a low profile jack from Harbor Freight, but it doesn't lift as high as I need. Driving up on wood blocks FTW

My swap thread
          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

I've had this many craftsman jacks. They have a new low profile jack out, but I'm not sure if I really want to try it.

4 - 1.5 Ton craftsman low profile jack
            3 - 2 ton craftsman low profile jack
            2 - 4 ton craftsman suv jack
            3 - 3 ton craftsmn floor jacks
            3 - 2 1/4 ton craftsman floor jack (the one that I started modding with back in the day)

Comment

damn long, how have you managed to go through that many jacks, i have had my pep boys jack for about 4 years now and have had no problem,

we have a torrin low pro jack at work and it sucks, it has a leak and after about 2 min its starts lowering by itself, so i would recomened those
              Members Ride

Comment

Well whatever you do, don't buy one from wallmart!!!!!!

You will be pumping the damn thing till your arm falls off, then it will decide it wants to raise the car.
                Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 05-27-2007, 02:16 PM.

My swap thread

Comment

That is just the craftsman collection. Most of them developed oil leaks and were returned for replacements. These were maintained jacks too everything was lubricated and purged correctly. I even had oil changes done for the hydraulics.

I've had harbor freight jacks too. My friend had the cheapest one he boughta few years before, and I got the same one. After I returned that one I upgraded to the next level and went through their entire low profile us general line. The fastest return was the most expensive one I bought. It was like 200 bucks with a warranty from harbor freight. It went back to them the next day.

I've looked at torin jacks because my friend knows someone that can get them at cost, but their jacks are the same quality as harbor freight.

Comment

Sounds like bad luck with jacks. I think the main thing is you gotta use them on a level hard surface.

My swap thread

Comment

heheh i dont kno wut jack i used but its been in the family for several years. since ive been in junior high. its that orange one that i used to work on davids, wilson, and my car. u remember that one that i used to in stall the turbo long? yeah that jack is good. i guess since my uncles are mechanics they find the good shit. heheh im just not sure on the name
                      contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

I am using a jack from when my dad was still here. this jack is at least 8yrs old. still works good.
                        The beginning of a new era............................
                        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

damn that sucks, i have never maintained my jack, and i use it multiple times a day, that jacks has taken some abuse lifting some heavy cars and other crap i use it for,
                          Members Ride

Comment

Most people I know that have good floor jacks have one they got from their dads collection because old stuff was built better.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                              Most people I know that have good floor jacks have one they got from their dads collection because old stuff was built better.
                              yes indeedee
                              contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Working...
                              X