No announcement yet.

So.Cal Mechanics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got me some old wheels and my questions is I have 16x7 in the fronts and 16x8 in the rears with +35 offset all around,I was wondering what size tire should i used 205/45/16 or 05/50/16 without rubbing my fenders and do I need to fender roll to make this fit please respone thanx!
    [

Comment

Originally posted by slowguy7
      i got me some old wheels and my questions is I have 16x7 in the fronts and 16x8 in the rears with +35 offset all around,I was wondering what size tire should i used 205/45/16 or 05/50/16 without rubbing my fenders and do I need to fender roll to make this fit please respone thanx!
      bump
      [

Comment

205/45 will be a little easier in clearing your upper control arms on the rears on your 16x8 wheels especially with a +35. a wheel those size your gonna have roll your fenders regardless if unless you plan on raising the car. you get better clearance if you cut your fenders instead of rolling them. (becareful its very risky to mess up your paint)

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
          205/45 will be a little easier in clearing your upper control arms on the rears on your 16x8 wheels especially with a +35. a wheel those size your gonna have roll your fenders regardless if unless you plan on raising the car. you get better clearance if you cut your fenders instead of rolling them. (becareful its very risky to mess up your paint)
          thanx Jed and also what do you use to cut your fender if you dont mind me asking,and does +35 offset have more or less clearence then a +25 offset?
          [

Comment

thanx Jed and also what do you use to cut your fender if you dont mind me asking,and does +35 offset have more or less clearence then a +25 offset?
            my fenders arnt cut they're rolled. it clears since i have a 16x7 +27 wheel with a 10mm spacer. so basically im running a +17 and it barely clears. timmy and joey has their fenders cut since theyre rolling on (tim)16x8 and (joey)17x8. i think tim used a dremel and joey used those lil metal hand saws.

our cars usually run around the +42 to +45 wheels. +35 has more fender clearance then a +25. the lower the offset the more your wheels pop out. the higher the offset the closer your wheels are to the car.
            Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 12-15-2007, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
              my fenders arnt cut they're rolled. it clears since i have a 16x7 +27 wheel with a 10mm spacer. so basically im running a +17 and it barely clears. timmy and joey has their fenders cut since theyre rolling on (tim)16x8 and (joey)17x8. i think tim used a dremel and joey used those lil metal hand saws.

our cars usually run around the +42 to +45 wheels. +35 has more fender clearance then a +25. the lower the offset the more your wheels pop out. the higher the offset the closer your wheels are to the car.
              thanx Jed will post pix of wheel soon
              [

Comment

thanx Jed will post pix of wheel soon

nice bro nice......

im willing to trade my ssrs for +25 16x8 and +35 16x7 wheels. plus some cash!

Comment

I'll let some of my homie know
                  [

Comment

thanks bro. im at long beach weekly.

i prefer the real deal stuff.

Comment

my passenger headlight keeps going out. I remember after i washed my engine bay, that night it didnt work. But later that night it did. I tested the adapter harness on my driver side and the bulb, they both work, so it's my car's wiring end thats fudging up.

It would work and not work, I'm going to take off my bumper and see if there is any loose or exposed wire, but other than that what can i do to source the problemo?

I checked the fuses, they're fine.

Comment

ordered bracket, bought sliders and 4 point sparco harness and a alpine deck

Apexi|HKS|Cusco|Eibach|Bilstien|Momo|

92 ex-T sold
                        94 z28 M6 sold
                        89 turbo targa white package supra sold
                        92 SW20 MR2 sold

03 Impreza WRX

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
                          my passenger headlight keeps going out. I remember after i washed my engine bay, that night it didnt work. But later that night it did. I tested the adapter harness on my driver side and the bulb, they both work, so it's my car's wiring end thats fudging up.

It would work and not work, I'm going to take off my bumper and see if there is any loose or exposed wire, but other than that what can i do to source the problemo?

I checked the fuses, they're fine.
                          Maybe the bulb is going out.
                          ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

i tested the bulb on my driver side and it works everytime, but when i plug it in to my passenger side, no luck ><

going to take off my bumper and inspect..

Comment

master cylinder..

does anyone know if I get a master cylinder for a accord or prelude???

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

Originally posted by LOGICx420x
                                does anyone know if I get a master cylinder for a accord or prelude???
                                Brake Master Cylinder? For Accord. Unless you modded the brakes somehow.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                                X