I Need a Mechanic in Vegas ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need a Mechanic in Vegas ...

My guy (Hondatronics) closed up shop, can't fund um anywhere ..

I'm fine for now, but .. for future issues .. timing belt, if my clutch takes a shit,
    whatever .. I'm not that "inclined" nor do I have the investment in tools ..
    Plus there's not enough time in a day for me as it is .. SO ..

If anyone knows a great shop here in Vegas, or, if you can wrench yourself,
    I would appreciate a response ..

Thanks!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

And I thought YOU were the guy who could do all that mechanical stuff if I am ever in Vegas and need a fix. Now if you come this way to L.A I know a good place, but he is not cheap. Best to read up and gather the tools and good place to work on it for a day or two. Also see if you can somehow locate the person who owned the shop you went to and see where they went to. If not a "place" then maybe they nedd a little money and hit them up.
    Last edited by SilverShadow; 09-14-2014, 08:24 PM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Thanks man ... but at 62? If I could FIND the time to get up under it and remove the front four bumper bolts, and un-screw the fender-well clips ..
      I'D BE IN TRACTION FOR WEEKS!

And if I had to purchase all of the tools that I needed, I'd have spent more and done a shitter job lol!

But alas .. I've found a great place while I was doing a search for James' place.
      I have no idea where he is, and Hondatronics has has simple vanished!

But I found this place:
      http://www.yelp.com/biz/wallys-indep...yhC_BZXsO4gz1Q
      WATCH that video, it's such a seller, that I called and spoke with Daniel in SUCH great length .. he took sooo much time to explain what/how ..
      he's done swaps .. knows about the a6 intake and the ecu .. fuel rail .. etc .. etc ..

I was so pumped after speaking with him, he knows his SHIT!

I also might need a drivers side axle .. I heard a few loud clicks in a row while I was rounding a fucking dick that had his ass way out from his space ..
      so yeah .. I haven't got the time or the tools .. and the know how to rip my front end off and be down for as long as it would take my dumb ass lol!

Comment

I know a couple dudes in Reno that would know a guy/place...

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
          I know a couple dudes in Reno that would know a guy/place...
          That's a long travel Josh .. but I appreciate the response ..

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
            That's a long travel Josh .. but I appreciate the response ..
            Yeah, it sucks when you lose a good hook up like that.

Comment

Yeah, it sucks when you lose a good hook up like that.
              Sure does .. I really liked being able to hang out and watch.
              Few places let you run around the shop lol. + he knew my CB9 well.

Oh well .. off to new adventures. I'm really comfortable with Daniel at Wally's.
              Did you watch that vid Josh? Really well done .. really "down-home" ole school "service."
              They even have a "house car" that'll take you home and pick you up.

We also used to have a member here at CB7T that lived in Vegas and worked at a shop.
              Cool dude .. wish he'd come back and do side work again!

Comment

Sure does .. I really liked being able to hang out and watch.
                Few places let you run around the shop lol. + he knew my CB9 well.

Oh well .. off to new adventures. I'm really comfortable with Daniel at Wally's.
                Did you watch that vid Josh? Really well done .. really "down-home" ole school "service."
                They even have a "house car" that'll take you home and pick you up.

We also used to have a member here at CB7T that lived in Vegas and worked at a shop.
                Cool dude .. wish he'd come back and do side work again!
                I did actually and I completely see what you are saying about the "down home" service. Kinda make you feel like family in a way. I always try to choose a family owned business over a franchise or what have you when I can.

Comment

I always try to choose a family owned business over a franchise or what have you when I can.
                  Always! Fuck Corporate America lol ..Mom n Pops Rock!

Comment

Always! Fuck Corporate America lol ..Mom n Pops Rock!
                    Yes sir!

Comment

Sorry didn't know you were 62. I'm 58. and recovering from a stroke. I wish I knew a shop in Vegas, but I do not. I will ask around. I moved from there back in 82 and didn't have a car when I lived there, I borrowed my friend's.
                      But now that I live in L.A, I know 3 here that are dynamite! They are family owned or at least at one the owner and just a few guys work it. Question is..is it worth a 5 hour drive from Vegas? Then there is the 'where to stay while car is worked on'. (I rent a one bedroom and can't have visitors sleep over) As for that axel or boot I bought one online ($80) and it was free shipping and the place out here put it on for about $100. Pacc Auto in Valencia CA.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                      New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                      My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Working...
                      X