Speed Ventures: Streets of Willow 5/9/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
    Are you going to meet is at the Shell station or at the track?
    Shell station location.

Comment

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
      I can check...Not to sure if we still have one. I' am down to meet you guys there... I am I going to be charged anything there at the track???
      10 bucks to enter and you have to sign a waiver to get a colored wristband that says WSIR.

Comment

Originally posted by J'SR@C3R1_818 View Post
        Shell station location.
        Shell:
        4530 Angeles Crest Hwy
        La Canada Fltrdg, CA 91011
        Raceline USA

Comment

NEW LOCATION!

Mobil:
          800 N Pacific Ave
          Glendale, CA 91203
          Raceline USA

Comment

^ Paul, if you don't see the new location in time, please just head over to Willow Springs.
            Raceline USA

Comment

New Location less than a minute away! I' ll see you guys at 0530

Comment

Had a great time today guys. Hopefully, next time I'll be running with everyone

This guy showed up and passed by us but we didn't see him at all after.

Comment

pics?
                  Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

Yeah I went to get an idea of everything, and see everyone running. I saw the brown cb with the flushmount, fogs, etc out there really tearing it up I would've been running with you, but Saturday had filled by the time I tried to register.

Ended up registering for today, had a BLAST! First time on the track, thankfully I got a full day of instruction. My times went down with each successive run. We ran the course clockwise, I spun twice, once in the gravel. Amazingly nothing went mechanically wrong. At the end of the day I was running a (1:42.5 or a 1:46.5 can't remember). It was awesome.
                    Last edited by 93AccordLXwhite; 05-11-2009, 11:50 PM.
                    Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

Originally posted by 93AccordLXwhite View Post
                      Yeah I went to get an idea of everything, and see everyone running. I saw the brown cb with the flushmount, fogs, etc out there really tearing it up I would've been running with you, but Saturday had filled by the time I tried to register.

Ended up registering for today, had a BLAST! First time on the track, thankfully I got a full day of instruction. My times went down with each successive run. We ran the course counterclockwise, I spun twice, once in the gravel. Amazingly nothing went mechanically wrong. At the end of the day I was running a (1:42.5 or a 1:46.5 can't remember). It was awesome.
                      Sweet man. Where did you go after you stopped by our base? You should've parked and hang out for a bit. Glad you were able to register and run on Sunday. I'll be running at Buttonwillow at the end of the month.
                      Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by 93AccordLXwhite View Post

Ended up registering for today, had a BLAST! First time on the track, thankfully I got a full day of instruction. My times went down with each successive run. We ran the course counterclockwise, I spun twice, once in the gravel. Amazingly nothing went mechanically wrong. At the end of the day I was running a (1:42.5 or a 1:46.5 can't remember). It was awesome.
                        yeah the camp was talking about you man. next time just stop and say hi. glad you tracked though on sunday. let's setup another track day. i'm sure more CBs will be present for the next one. i don't wanna be the only accord out there again LOL !
                        1cor10:31
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

So what times did you guys run?

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
                            Sweet man. Where did you go after you stopped by our base? You should've parked and hang out for a bit. Glad you were able to register and run on Sunday. I'll be running at Buttonwillow at the end of the month.
                            I parked at the end of the pits/paddock and just watched everyone running for awhile. Then I drove around and checked out the rest of the raceways. Haha I didn't really know what was going on so I didn't want to be in anyone's way or anything Since the Accord didn't blow up I'll be at some future events too.

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                            yeah the camp was talking about you man. next time just stop and say hi. glad you tracked though on sunday. let's setup another track day. i'm sure more CBs will be present for the next one. i don't wanna be the only accord out there again LOL !
                            Hahaha I rolled by, saw an Accord and asked someone sitting there if he was from cb7tuner but he said no, so I was like oh shit whoops Really, I would love to go to more of these events. I was talking with one of the Speed Ventures employees and he pointed out which tracks and future events would be good for me (more turns less straights).

Yeah! Being the oldest/least hp car there is both good and bad 'cause on the one hand you have an excuse for being last, and when you get better and start being 2nd to last then 3rd to last etc. it made me feel pretty damn good.

I think I'd be able to participate in the blue group alright, probably last, but still hang on. I was hanging close to a S2000 and a Lotus Elise by the end of the day. I was with them for a lap, then they started pulling in the long straight, by the end of the 2nd lap I just couldn't keep up in the straights. For a stock auto though I was surprising even my instructor. My only complaint about the car was that it was a little more biased towards oversteering than I would've liked. But it made it a lot more fun

The employee I talked to told me that these events would be good for me:
                            May 30, 31 Buttonwillow Raceway
                            June 13, 14 Auto Club Speedway (infield/short course)
                            June 19 Streets of Willow, & Balcony

I think the next event I'll go to is the June 19 Streets of Willow. I still have a lot of work to do on my line, I was wayy too early most of the time. I think that by doing the same course again it'll help me work on the basics instead of trying a new one and just being lost again. But if anyone else is going to be tracking their CB's I think it would be fun to watch

P.S. I too am curious about your times. I know I was running the opposite way as you guys so they can't be compared. How were you placing in your group? (Blue?)
                            Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

Just checked and times are up!

Here's a list of the best lap times of the slower people on Sunday:
                              1:40.381 2008 Honda S2000 240hp
                              1:41.062 2005 Lotus Elise 190hp
                              1:41.339 2008 Audi S4Q 0hp
                              1:41.630 2005 Nissan 350z 0hp
                              1:41.794 2004 Honda S2000 240hp
                              1:42.218 2001 Audi TTR 2001 250hp
                              Me: 1:42.512 1993 Honda Accord 125hp
                              1:42.654 2005 Volkswagen Golf 2005 0hp
                              1:43.342 2004 Toyota Camry 200hp
                              1:43.636 1994 Mazda Miata 0hp
                              1:46.635 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 305hp
                              1:53.830 1987 Porsche 911 Carrera 200hp
                              1:56.362 2000 Audi TT 2000 0hp

I'm really pleased with my results! I owe most of it to my instructor Joel who was driving a S2000 (CR I think). Many helpful tips and advice.

Link to event results (select Saturday or Sunday): http://www.speedventures.com/results/Default.aspx
                              Saturday doesn't seem to have many results listed though...?

Comment

A 2000 camry ran 1:36.324 going CW.

Comment

Working...
                                X