No announcement yet.

Speed Ventures: Streets of Willow 5/9/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning on bringing drinks to the track. What do you guys want? I'm bringing water and Starbucks coffee for sure. Let me know.
    Raceline USA

Comment

starbucks coffee is a MUST! driving home after a day at the track really knocks me down. thanks matt!
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
        starbucks coffee is a MUST! driving home after a day at the track really knocks me down. thanks matt!
        That's exactly why I always bring coffee. For the drive back home.
        Raceline USA

Comment

A couple of more weeks until the track day! Can't wait.
          Raceline USA

Comment

Hey everyone, my name is Joseph and I'm trying to get more into the socal CB7 community I've never been to a track before but have always wanted to. Would anyone be willing to show a fellow accord-er around if I just pay the $10 to observe? I want to make sure i wont get flattened as I gun the ponies out of the stock auto I'll bring plenty of drinks to share! (Would the Balcony course be better suited for me?) Thanks socal tuners!
            Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

Not in for this event. But i've registered with speed ventures and will keep an eye out for upcoming events. i hope u guys racing got in-car cameras!! I wanna see some action!
              -:¦:-
              Originally posted by wed3k
              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by 93AccordLXwhite View Post
                Hey everyone, my name is Joseph and I'm trying to get more into the socal CB7 community I've never been to a track before but have always wanted to. Would anyone be willing to show a fellow accord-er around if I just pay the $10 to observe? I want to make sure i wont get flattened as I gun the ponies out of the stock auto I'll bring plenty of drinks to share! (Would the Balcony course be better suited for me?) Thanks socal tuners!
                The balcony is basically a skid pad to drift on and learn car control. At this particular track, SOW, they don't allow passengers to ride along in the car unless it is an approved instructor.

Comment

Blk_EX_Coupe- It sounds like the balcony would be a better place to begin then? Since it's my first time on any sort of controlled course I don't want to be slowing anyone else down. How long does the event usually last? Thanks for the help!
                  Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

joseph, the balcony is basically a huge figure-8 which is pretty boring in general unless you are sliding around (drifting). it's a good place for car control in a drifting sense.

please do come out and enjoy the day with us! we will show you that you don't need a crazy fast car to have fun at the track. i recommend SOW (streets of willow) for any beginner just as long as you stay on the beginner group , for obvious reasons. you can learn so much from the instructors and the day overall so you leave with a high respect for the sport! see you then man!
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by 93AccordLXwhite View Post
                      Blk_EX_Coupe- It sounds like the balcony would be a better place to begin then? Since it's my first time on any sort of controlled course I don't want to be slowing anyone else down. How long does the event usually last? Thanks for the help!
                      The balcony is really for drifting and that is it.

The way track events are set up is they have class limitations. Since you are a beginner, you should join the beginner group and slowly work your way up at your own pace. You will be with people who are on the same skill level, and there are rules to prevent everyone from doing stupid and reckless things, so it keeps everything relatively safe. Once in a while there will be an idiot that thinks he is faster then he actually is, but since there are drivers meetings after each session you can point out their mistakes, and they will be given advice to fix it, but if the same complaints are repeated they are usually moved into a different group.

If I remember correctly in the beginners group you are only allowed to pass cars on the straight. If you are concerned you are slowing the cars behind you down, then when you enter the straight move to one side of the road and point for the car behind you to pass.

The events usually last from 8am-5pm, but you can leave at any time if you feel like it. It is a pretty exhausting day once you're done, so don't plan to do anything early the next morning.

Comment

Awesome, you guys just saved me a lot of money and boredom from the balcony Hahaha I can just imagine what it would've been like pulling up next to half a dozen 240's... Sounds like the beginner group would be real fun. Depending on how long it takes to get some current work done on the CB (and if I can get that Saturday off) I'll either be there driving or be there watching.

Comment

^ glad to help and welcome to the socal CB world!
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

only two weeks away, but how come i don't see anyone's names on the driver list, even mine?
                            - 92 LX coupe
                            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                              only two weeks away, but how come i don't see anyone's names on the driver list, even mine?
                              You clicked The Balcony's driver list instead of Streets of Willow.

Be careful out there guys. The SOW Massacre was just last month.

Comment

Track day is next week! I'm excited! Ever since I went to Buttonwillow on Saturday, I've been itching to drive. Anyone else down to go? We need 1 more person to get a group discount.
                                Raceline USA

Comment

Working...
                                X