Socal ISP's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Socal ISP's ?

I don't think there is verizon phone or internet where I am moving to. I'm wondering what ISP and phone I should go with. I hate verizon DSL anyways cause this shit is slow. I'm staying with my Direct TV.

Roadrunner cable internet + phone? I've heard about some reliability issues with time warner before...

SBC phone with ? internet, I'm assuming it would be SBC DSL.

Anyone have any experience with these? Opinions? Are there better options available?

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

I have Time Warner cable/phone/internet and my service has been fine. I looked into Verizon Fios but it wasn't available in my area.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

i have sbc. i initially had the 15 a month thing which was the lowest package it was great for the price we were at the outer edge of their server or hub so signal was weak but good.

then looked into cable tv and so happened that att and sbc just merged so the had this great promo. 200 channels, 2 boxes with dvr, upgraded router, and best of all the replaced all the wires that runs the house with fiber optics. its 80 bux a month. it was free for installation plus a $25 gift card to att. even if ur not able to get this price the connection and tv is really good for the price.
      So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

I'm having terrible luck with Earthlink, I wouldn't tell anyone to get it.

Maybe others have had luck with it, but I'd stay away from it if I were you.

Comment

varizon fios???? i heared its hellla fast! and clear for the tv

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
          Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

I have SBC Yahoo.
            Raceline USA

Comment

I had time warner cable internet before and it always worked fine.

I have the slowest verizon fios package now. Since most of the computers in the house can't handle a faster speed, no one else noticed much of a speed change.

Comment

Thanks guys! I didn't know sbc/att has a fiber optic service, so I'll check into that and compare it with time warner.

I already aggreed to another year contract with Directtv which comes with the HD package and DVR that includes 130 HD channels for about 60/month. I tried to get them to give me the 'new customer' package but no dice, although I am getting the 3 months free HBO, STARZ, SHO.

I was considering getting the verizon fios before but they do not service the city i'm moving to, so it's byby verizon.

My swap thread

Comment

sucks about fios not available in your city. what city? i'm running fios at the pad. love the internet speed, the HD tv is actually being used for what it's made for, and the phone is ok too, when i'm using it. cell phone usage ftw!

hope you get what you need man!
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I'm in Rialto, and there is no verizon there, just AT&T. What do you mean about the HDTV being used for what it is meant for? Well I decided to get Roadrunner internet with phone service, it's about 10 more dollars a month than if I had just gotten the SBC/at&t, but the internet download speed will be about 5 or 6 times faster.

My swap thread

Comment

Working...
                    X