No announcement yet.

92-92 stanly oem fogs at the junk yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fogs arent that bright anyways unless you put hids in them lol. Just follow that diy kane and sand off the rust and recoat with that paint. Polished I would think would make it more prone to rust again without anything over it.

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
      if they are metal i would have them polished instead of painted. the chrome paint isn't exactly like chrome when you lay the paint down. it's more like a glossy silver rather than a mirror which it should be. either way you do it, it'll be better than rust!

good comeup kane!
      Thanks Tim, yeah they are metal, but thin. Doesn't polished metal fade over time?

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
      fogs arent that bright anyways unless you put hids in them lol. Just follow that diy kane and sand off the rust and recoat with that paint. Polished I would think would make it more prone to rust again without anything over it.
      The rust was bad enough that there are 2 small holes in one of them. Not that bad though. I wondering if I should keep that square sheild on there or not, I know the guy that did the DIY didn't, but I don't wanna blind people. Then again, it will be really difficult to clean and paint or pollish behind those sheilds.

I went back to the Junk yard and got the entire OEM harness with relays. The wiring is going to be plug and play

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

omg i need fog lights!!! its been hella foggy down in LA

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
        Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

you wont blind anyone with the fogs kane, oem fogs dont spread light out that well and this is coming from someone that bought a brand new oem set lol.

Comment

i wud love to hav these right now! can barely see down on pch

Find me in the canyons

Comment

buy some hids from matt at the meet :]

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rider View Post
                i wud love to hav these right now! can barely see down on pch
                i know dude same here i cant see shit

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
                Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

fog lights were ment for ppol to see u thats why its low and colorfull for some.
                  contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Sorry to ask its a dumb question. But off what yr do the fogs come in? cause i kno u can buy them i seen them in ebay.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                    My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

Originally posted by AcCoRd91cBsEveN View Post
                      Sorry to ask its a dumb question. But off what yr do the fogs come in? cause i kno u can buy them i seen them in ebay.
                      You can buy them several places new, but not OEM.

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
                        You can buy them several places new, but not OEM.
                        Yea i seen a couple places that sell them but i want the real 1s i seen some look alikes but they where the size of half a signal lights they where nice tho. Does any1 kno where can i get a set of the real 1s?

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                        My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

ebay is your best bet, theres an overpriced set on there now. might be able to find some in classifieds on here
                          FA1

Comment

Originally posted by f20aaccordturbo View Post
                            fog lights were ment for ppol to see u thats why its low and colorfull for some.
                            thats odd i thought fogs were used for the fog (weather)

Comment

from Wikipedia

Fog lamps

Front fog lamps provide a wide, bar-shaped beam of light with a sharp cutoff at the top, and are generally aimed and mounted low.[10][11][12] They may be either white or selective yellow. They are intended for use at low speed to increase the illumination directed towards the road surface and verges in conditions of poor visibility due to rain, fog, dust or snow. As such, they are often most effectively used in place of dipped-beam headlamps, reducing the glareback from fog or falling snow, although the legality varies by jurisdiction of using front fog lamps without low beam headlamps.

Use of the front fog lamps when visibility is not seriously reduced is often prohibited (for example in the United Kingdom), as they can cause increased glare to other drivers, particularly in wet pavement conditions, as well as harming the driver's own vision due to excessive foreground illumination.[13]

The respective purposes of front fog lamps and driving lamps are often confused, due in part to the misconception that fog lamps are necessarily selective yellow, while any auxiliary lamp that makes white light is a driving lamp. Automakers and aftermarket parts and accessories suppliers frequently refer interchangeably to "fog lamps" and "driving lamps" (or "fog/driving lamps"). In most countries, weather conditions rarely necessitate the use of fog lamps, and there is no legal requirement for them, so their primary purpose is frequently cosmetic. They are often available as optional extras or only on higher trim levels of many cars. Studies have shown that in North America more people inappropriately use their fog lamps in dry weather than use them properly in poor weather.[14]
                              ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

^ yep fogs should be used in FOG only, but we all use them for looks mainly. this goes with the rear fog as well. it annoys the CRAP outta me that the rear fogs are on during regular weather, even on cars that come with them stock, like BMWs, Benz, Saab, Audi, etc.
                                1cor10:31
                                - 92 LX coupe
                                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X