Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT WTB need mid shaft

Sup guys,

Anyone local and close to me have a F series axle mid shaft that I could purchase from you??? I need one ASAP to fix a problem on my ride

Let me know....

Thanks in advance
    無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Anyone have an intermidate shaft for meeeeeeeee????

Comment

I have one and im thinking about parting out my accord so if i end up doing it i will let you know.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
      New people click here

Comment

cool thanks

Comment

Geoff. You ever find that mid-shaft?

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
          My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

Originally posted by OnBBS17s
            Geoff. You ever find that mid-shaft?
            Hahaha....yeah I guess I should update this a bit. Seems to be the time of year where i'm replacing a shit load of parts on the Accord lately....catalytic converter, axles etc. $$$

This has been an ongoing problem for quite a few months now. Started off with a clicking inner CV joint. Replaced axles and then major vibration under load (acceleration).

Spoken with Mechanics that have said they have seen many things that can cause major vibrations:

* Bent wheels or unbalanced wheels ( checked it out and put oems on didn't solve)

* Rear engine mounts....if split can hit metal to metal under load causing extreme vibrations and shake (checked out seems good)

* Axles having bad bearings.....switched out more than I can remember haha

So the last ditch effort is replacing the mid-shaft (aka jack shaft/intermediate shaft).....I guess the bearing inside them can and do go out. Unfortunately its a dealer only part (meaning no other axle refurb places can get the whole thing or even the replacement bearing kits.

So, yes I have one on order....could have purchased just the bearing replacement kit....but said screw it and got the whole setup.

IF this doesn't work...only thing me and my buddy can think of would be something internally within the Engine itself....lets hope it doesn't go there!

Comment

Ill cross my fingers for ya man. Good luck with all that.

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
              My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

SO the vibrations happened after you replaced the axles?

If so, it could be possible you have the incorrect axles.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  SO the vibrations happened after you replaced the axles?

If so, it could be possible you have the incorrect axles.
                  Yeah, driver side was replaced with a brand new aftermarket axle. It was vibrating very little and continued to get worse. Purchased a different brand axle that i've used before and had no problems with and made sure it was the right one. 90-93 Accord 4cyl 5spd etc. etc.

It solved the problem for about 3 days and I had no vibrations....after that it came back and was horrible and got worse. So the theory is the jack shaft (intermediate shaft) has a bad bearing in it or is somehow bent which is kickin' the axle out in a weird twist making it bind up or the bearings bind up inside the inner joints causing friction and the vibrations. Cuz I have confirmed the intermediate shafts do go out on Accords. We shall see if this works....

Comment

Working...
                  X