X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
    1987 BMW 325es

Motor is the 2.7 liter m20b27.

The 325i had different electronics and the m20b25. (2.5 liter)

I dunno what other info you might need?

Chipping this motor is VERY common. It's not like stupid honda ebay chips or anything. But it's something everybody does and raves about so I know tuning even a stock motor is very beneficial.
    Unichip fTW!
    If you go to http://www.carbconn.com/
    and contact them they have a guy there that deals with BMW's specifically.
    U can have them chip it with Unichip, then have Jose tune it...(Cheaper that way....

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
      dont mind zack...hes been hanging around cobalt guys toooo much!

making him a bitch!
      I just believe that there are some turbo cars ON THIS forum,
      that when tuned properly, and driven responsibly,
      Are plenty fucking reliable. Too many people open their fucking mouth about it,
      and dont even know shit. Im not a bitch.. mostly...

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
        Unichip fTW!
        If you go to http://www.carbconn.com/
        and contact them they have a guy there that deals with BMW's specifically.
        U can have them chip it with Unichip, then have Jose tune it...(Cheaper that way....
        I'll see what Joser has to say. I'd just like to raise the redline (currently at like 4500) with the cam/springs and stay there.
        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

I just believe that there are some turbo cars ON THIS forum,
          that when tuned properly, and driven responsibly,
          Are plenty fucking reliable. Too many people open their fucking mouth about it,
          and dont even know shit. Im not a bitch.. mostly...

That can be said about anything period. If the sig drove my car it would probably run tens... or not..
          Last edited by phatdoughnut; 05-13-2009, 06:58 PM.
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
            That can be said about anything period. If the sig drove my car it would probably run tens... or not..
            hahaha lol.

Comment

I'll see what Joser has to say. I'd just like to raise the redline (currently at like 4500) with the cam/springs and stay there.
              U can only raise it a 1000 rpm I think....
              And Check with Carb Connection....they got the deals for E30 guys,
              because of PRO3.....U know what that is right?
              If you can do some mechanical work, I would reccomend this:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJO3C0j8F3U
              Or...
              This:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eAH88uCOMw
              Also, check around on R3vlimited.com
              and E30tech.com.....I'm probably one of the few BMW enthusiasts on this site lol.

But I will tell u this; U will hit the wall quickly without boost, meaning none of those things listed involve an "e" motor... there are those in the BMW community who say something similar to this:
              (DTM Power.net)
              stock m20b27 engine is a complete and total waste of money.

do a 2.7 stroker. Use your eta crank, or a 524TD crank, eta rods, eta pistons, complete I head. This isnt very expensive, depending on what else you do, maybe 500-1000.

This will give you about 190-200hp, and tq to match. Along with a software asisted 6900rpm redline.

of course you sacrafice gas milage, but anyone looking for performace shouldnt be concerned with that.

im sure someone will chime in, and start screaming "DONT USE A ETA CRANK, IT WILL BREAK" ive driven, and seen several 2.7i engines, and they all used the eta crank, and bounced off the rev limiter all day long, the crank wont break, not in street applications. Ask anyone that builds these for a living, they will say the same. The only time ive ever heard of eta cranks breaking is in racing applications, where the engine is overly abused.

honestly though, if your looking for bolt on performace, stay the hell away from the eta man. Start with a 325i/325iS.

Me personally, I'm grabbin a 318i as soon as I can...So I can do this:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_cmJh7gIcU
              Last edited by zack_odom; 05-14-2009, 05:15 AM.

Comment

honestly though, if your looking for bolt on performace, stay the hell away from the eta man. Start with a 325i/325iS.
                [/url]
                U can also ignore all that...And simply do this:
                A Jim Conforti chip will bump you 13 ish hp. 170-200 isn't going to come without a rebuild, like everyone else says. You can also get a shorter diff - 4.10 to improve acceleration.

Comment

Thanks zack... I'm on r3v a lot.

I'm aware of pretty much EVERY option.

I was thinking of swapping in a m20b25 to save money, or an m50 if I had more skill.

Then I failed emissions and I'm forced to put money into my current motor. Therefore I want to keep this motor.

I could just throw on an i head and see as much power as an i motor but that requires swapping electronics and swapping the entire head.

The valve springs are the weakest part of the e motor as far as revving goes so an i cam with stiffer valve srings should rev to 6k no problem.

I just thought a tune, cam, and higher redline would yield near the power of an i motor with a lot more down low tq and less money/effort and I wouldn't feel like shit after dumping the money into the motor to pass emissions.

On a side note, thinking of rusting my hood/trunk.

Definite plans are spacers/painting wheels white.

Unsure of going lower or not.

Comment

Joser!

Comment

Joser!
                      The "e" crank will not be safe above 5 grand though....

Comment

The "e" crank will not be safe above 5 grand though....
                        ... not true?

How do so many people run budget strokers with just an e block and an i head. They rev up past 6k no problems.

I'm just looking for better throttle response, top end, and some power. I don't think 155hp or so would be out of the question with my idea.

Comment

zol were you in auburn today with the civic

Comment

... not true?

How do so many people run budget strokers with just an e block and an i head. They rev up past 6k no problems.

I'm just looking for better throttle response, top end, and some power. I don't think 155hp or so would be out of the question with my idea.
                            I was asking my buddy ryan who races PRO3,,,Apparently for street use you will be ok lol...

Comment

Working...
                            X