Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can help me do 5spd swap (f22 tranny, f22 block)? Ill bring beer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can help me do 5spd swap (f22 tranny, f22 block)? Ill bring beer!

hey guys i wanna do my 5spd swap but i would love some help, if anyone has a garage we can do it at? anywhere in BC/WA, the hardest part for me is to weld on the bracket (i have no welder ) hope someone can help a fellow cb7tuner out

thank you!
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

if you can get a shop, ill be more than glad to help out. shit, you dont even gota pay me, ill do it for free. anything to work on cars.

maybe if you send some money over russ's way, he might lend ya his shop. he has air tools and a welder.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

hmm where is his shop? and do u know how to use a welder? and are u familular with the swap? thanks!!!
      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

why do u need to weld?? i thought there was a non welding method for the swap.....
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
          hmm where is his shop? and do u know how to use a welder? and are u familular with the swap? thanks!!!
          near everett, no and no. lol. i dont think anyone in the NW has experience doing the actual swap. but it shouldnt be too hard. i cant imagine it being more difficult than an engine swap.
          Last edited by d112crzy; 07-15-2006, 05:14 PM.

Comment

You dont need to weld anything any more. search and you will find the answer.
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
              You dont need to weld anything any more. search and you will find the answer.
              yeah he will, if he wants to use a F22a trans from a 4th gen accord.....
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

if i use h23 tranny then i dont need to weld, but using the f22 from cb7 i do need to weld hopefully i find an h23, it is supposedly stronger and a better tranny for boost, which is the route im going.

Comment

no you dont damnit! no welding needed. read more, the answer is on this board.

Comment

Oh my..... Joser I can always count on you to volunteer my shop space. LMAO!!
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

haha, sorry. i was also gona post that i was not meaning to volunteer your shop, lol. it was more like a suggestion, lol.

luv ya russie!

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        haha, sorry. i was also gona post that i was not meaning to volunteer your shop, lol. it was more like a suggestion, lol.

luv ya russie!
                        Well anyhow, I don't have the welder or the hoist at the moment so.... The hoist is on loan, and the MIG is at my dad's shop.
                        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          no you dont damnit! no welding needed. read more, the answer is on this board.
                          maybe u should read more! IF he wants a F22 (1990-1993) tranny u have to cut/weld......if u use a 5th gen tranny u can use a 5th gen mount and use 3/8 mm spacers.....

or the H23 tranny route.....

i just read this thread today thanks to cory, which also lead to my decision to go back to the H22..........and 5spd.woot!

Sean

Comment

i can use a 5th gen f22 tranny? i didnt know that....i thought it had to be out of a cb7 (4th gen), maybe ill go with 5th gen f22 tranny then, is it basically the same? just mounts differently?

Comment

your still a n00b my friend. f22/h23/f22b1/2/h22 trannys are interchangeable.

Here you go, i would just not use an f22a tranny period, save you tons of time.

another option is to leave the automatic bracket welded onto the side of the car, and use either a 94-97 5spd accord tranny mount or a 92-96 prelude 5spd tranny mount bolted to the new 5spd transmission. if you do this, youll also need to add 3/8" worth of spacers on the driver side mount. one thing you need to realize is that a 5th gen accord/prelude mount will only bolt to a transmission that can accept it - a transmission from a 5th gen accord or a prelude. this second method is sadly not an option for people using a stock 4th gen accord F22A transmission. /cpmike
                              Last edited by phatdoughnut; 07-16-2006, 07:02 PM.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                              X