Main Relay,,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Relay,,,,

with weather being as warm as it has been, and you are still running the original Main Relay, well you might start having problems with no re-starts, or shut downs completly. so if you are leary about that "old" Main Relay under the dash, go spend your $77.00 bucks or so at the local honda dealership. or if you are savy w/ a soldering gun, then fix it b4 it leaves you stranded on the side of the road or parking lot.

Ummm...I think I read this to late....I went to start my 91 EX after parking it yesterday after work and POW...wont start. It is acting like the battery is dead. I put a jump on it and it starts right up. When I am driving and put on the brakes, you can see the lights dim. I park the car, turn it off, and try to start it again and BANG...nothing. Just like the battery was dead. I took the battery out of the 91 and swapped it with the 92 LX I have and the 92 starts right up so I know it isnt the battery. Also, a fully charged battery put in the 91 and turn the key, hear a pop up front and the battery acts like it is dead. Any suggestions or is this characteristic of a main relay going out?

*****Note**** Mods, didnt see that this was in a regional forum. Sorry for the mistake*******
    Last edited by johnwiltfongjr; 06-29-2006, 12:09 AM.
    07 Kia Sportage (Her car)
    91 Accord EX (My car)

04 BMW R1150RS (My bike)

Comment

dose not sound like the relay ish's. i would venture to say it might be a "constant power draw" of sorts. or maybe your alternator could be taking a dump on you.. could be relay ish's, but very doubtful. kinda got me puzzled. do a "search" on it. never know what your gonna find out..... good luck with finding your "gremlin"

Comment

would the car sputter if the main relay is bad,i have the same problem starting the car, most of the time i have to turn the key and wait 1 minute or so to primer the pump then start it up.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

im not a "auto tech" to say. i just know the symptoms that my car was having. if you can wait a minute and then start the car. i would say that is probaly not your only problem. when the relay go's bad, you wont get any power to the fuel pump. so it might not hurt to check out that problem. but there maybe other problems as well.

Comment

My shit went today.....should have done something in the past cuz it gave me slight problems with the earlier warm weather we had....but today....it was dead cold. Shaked it a bit (thanks from advice from a friend) and it finally started after sitting in the heat forever....gotta go pick one up now....POS Hondas LOL
            ________
            Jailbroken
            Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 11:06 AM.
            無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

Originally posted by accord4thgen
              My shit went today.....should have done something in the past cuz it gave me slight problems with the earlier warm weather we had....but today....it was dead cold. Shaked it a bit (thanks from advice from a friend) and it finally started after sitting in the heat forever....gotta go pick one up now....POS Hondas LOL

re-solder for a teporary fix??? or u just gonna do it right and get a fresh one? lol!

its soo embarrassing to get stranded for like 10 mins! i remember the first WA meet i went to, i couldnt be in a few of the pics down my the water cuz my ride wouldnt start....LOL! gosh..
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Yea i wanna do this because its incredibly hot here....but i have no issues at all with starting or restarting after sitting...it idles rough but its because its time for me to do a major tune up so thats next!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                  Yea i wanna do this because its incredibly hot here....but i have no issues at all with starting or restarting after sitting...it idles rough but its because its time for me to do a major tune up so thats next!
                  if ur not having issues, then why replace it? u dont need to. its a 70 dollar part from honda. urs is probably just fine
                  F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                  Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                    re-solder for a teporary fix??? or u just gonna do it right and get a fresh one? lol!

its soo embarrassing to get stranded for like 10 mins! i remember the first WA meet i went to, i couldnt be in a few of the pics down my the water cuz my ride wouldnt start....LOL! gosh..
                    Picked one up from Hon-duh today.....now for the install $50 OTD
                    ________
                    CUMSHOT VIDEOS
                    Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 11:07 AM.
                    無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

omg, seems like everyone is having relay problems today.

I just fixed mine. fuck paying hon-duh 50 bux, I did it for free soldering is NOT hard at all. most of my joints were all fucked up, i just put some more solder on it to make it a solid contact. i tested it out too. I went and shut all my windows and parked the car out in the sun for about 1 hour, i went back and started it. it started right up! it never did that with the bad relay. fuck yea!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                      X