As you guys may know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you guys may know...

I'm working on replacing the transmission in my BMW. Problem is... I can't get the damn thing to go in. The spindle/spline/shaft thing in the trans obviously fits into a hole through the clutch/flywheel. I can't get this lined up. I'm not a big guy (some of you have seen me) but I'm capable of lifting the trans even if I do struggle a little. Are there tips? Or is anyone in the bellevue area that wants to lend another set of hands? I really just want my car back.

Sorry... /rant I suppose.
    Click for my ride thread.

Did you loosen the clutch at all?

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Naw, I was talking to someone on my e30 forum and we're speculating that the weight of the trans on the engine was rocking it back and that's how it came off. So now I need to jack the front of the engine up to rock it back (only two motor mounts, both on the side) so there is room to fit the trans on. Makes sense... hopefully it works.

Comment

When I took the trans out of my minitruck, I had a hell of a time putting it back in, for the same reason as you - The engine rocked which meant the alignment was always out.
        I ended up putting a block under the front of the motor and a jack at the back to hold it solid, then wiggled the trans and it finally slipped in.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Did the trick! Got it in!

Throttle response is WAY better. (old transmission must have been fucked bad)
          Fixed a few things.

But unfortunately, the funky noise is still 1/10th there. Granted that's 9/10ths quieter than before... but it's still frustrating.

Comment

Working...
          X