Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of variables on the roads.. my crazy story from last weekend.

So i was traveling Northboud on 101 in the far left lane(carpool lane) Infront of me was a Silver 3series 01'ish Bimmer, infront of her was a Camry 04'ish. We were all traveling at 80mphs, at least the bimmer and I were...the time was 2pm'ish.

Infront of the Camry, i'm guessing was a Truck of some sort. From the bed of the truck fell a trashcan.. one of those heavy duty Plastic Trashcans,

Okay so this is what i pieced together:
    Well the Camry which i'm guess was about 6-7 car lengths infront of the Bimmer hits the trashcan(i did not see that but we can assume so, cus the trashcan was basicly busted in two), and immediately pulls to the emergency lane and slams the brake(kinda saw that).

The bimmer then quickly swerves to the emergency lane to avoid hitting the trashcan. I was pretty close behind the bimmer, i'd say 2car lengths (some say that would be tailgating.. lol) so once the bimmer is out of the lane, I see this huge Grey and black thing flying at me(couldn't tell it was a trashcan at the time) I jerk the car to the left and follow the bimmer into the emergency lane.

Here's the crazy part. When the bimmer pulled to the emergency lane, as soon as he pulled back into the Carpool lane she began to break traction and lose control, This was probably because she had slammed her brakes while in the emergency lane, and still was on the brakes when she pulled back in. She basicly busted a phat U turn, clockwise.

So what i'm seeing now is a Silver Bimmer, crab walking, and a Big grey thing coming at me(or me driving towards it)

I kinda panic, and jerk to the emergency lane. The damn trashcan still hits me(yes hits ME, i didn't hit it! lol) on my passenger side. Because I jerked in then out, my rear began to break traction(Road Debri + high speeds caused it?) By this time the Bimmer is basicly facing me(south) while i see her out of my driver side window(car facing east). She continues to slide sideways(east to the "slow" lanes), but facing south towards traffic,
    I've already pulled my wheel to the left and shifted down to 4th to try to counter steer(while also sliding east).

The counter steer works.. but it works too well. With my foot still on the gas, never touching the brakes..My car lunges forward and my Rear whips counter clockwise.. too far. I'm now facing west, and seeing traffic coming towards me out my driver side window. I counter steer again, this time to the right. I'm in 4th gear, and by this time i'm kinda bogging. The car whips back around.. just as bad as the first time, but a full 360 degrees. This time my speed has decreased by alot, and my car stalls. I'm now perpendicular to the free way, in the "slow" lane.. at the junction where Santa Clara/Alum Rock ramp enters the N-101. I turn my car on, and immediatly put it into reverse and park at the "Triangular Space" where the Ramp meets the Freeway.

I sit in my car, in disbelief that i'm still alive. I see a few cars drive by, as if nothing happened. The freeway had white tire smoke lingering in the air. I turn to my right, and see the Bimmer. Sitting in the on ramp lane, her car still facing south, directly facing my passenger door. No cars entered the freeway for that 30-or so seconds before she shook it off and turned her car around to go northbound. I look down the freeway to my left, and see the Camry(maroon btw) just sitting there.. i'm going to guess about 300 feet away? .. The Bimmer and I were out of control for a damn long time.

I sat for another minute, and turned on my car.. listened to it to see if anything sounded funny.. sounded fine. The when i could, busted a left turn into the freeway lane and went home. But when i first began to move i heard a scrapping sound, then it went away. I got home to see my Lip dangling on my passengerside,and the diverside of the lip seemed to pop foward a bit. I had some black scuff marks on my bumper. I cleaned and buffed them out pretty well, but if you look close, you can see some crap.

Anyways, i'm okay, and Keiko is as well. She had some visible tire wear on the walls of the rear driverside, but it's really nothing. No flat spots, so that's good. My steering wheel shakes a little more then before, but it's expected.

i'm waiting for my eS bushings to arrive ...then slap on my KoniYellow/RSR setup, install buschings, and get an alignment.
    -:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

shouldve hit the trashcan then. lol u'll probably wouldve broke it in peices.

touge is cool and all but there's still too many variables, asphalt temperature, civilians, construction work, dumbasses and debris on the road. you cant take full advantage of it.

i still dont mind it, i like to scrub tires.
      fully agree! to also add that chp's and sheriffs patrols the part i do touge at. majority of the time they're not patrolling it.
      Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
      -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

^ eh, didn't know i was gonna spin out like that, lol.

Dood someone should ban(or take away his NorCal region viewing abilities) the touge undercover cop from eastbay.
        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

^
          sounds good to me. he's been a member since jan. 08' with zero post. what does that tell u? he fucked up and said he been doin touge for over 6yrs with over 6 different cars, funny thing is - he's younger than me. didnt know they gave out licenses at age 14 lol overall, im done with that. thought i'll share the comedy that i have to go through in the pm's.

back to topic: danyo, i wouldve done the same thing and avoid that trash can and probably spin out tryna not to hit the other cars.

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer View Post
            ^
            sounds good to me. he's been a member since jan. 08' with zero post. what does that tell u? he fucked up and said he been doin touge for over 6yrs with over 6 different cars, funny thing is - he's younger than me. didnt know they gave out licenses at age 14 lol overall, im done with that. thought i'll share the comedy that i have to go through in the pm's.

back to topic: danyo, i wouldve done the same thing and avoid that trash can and probably spin out tryna not to hit the other cars.
            man, i woulda plowed that bitch and then rear end the truck. fuck that guy man. just like how i took out the particleboard ont he way to one of the heather farms meets.

had this guy PM me on a h23 headswap. "so whats this deal with the H23 head swap."

my reply, "it's a h23 head on a f22 block."
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

^
              hahaha ... he tryna get as much info on us as possible aint he lol

Comment

hahah I PM'd him: "Narc"

and he replied: "Watchu talkin bout AZN?!"

Comment

^
                  hahaha... fucked up!

Comment

92 LX coupe for 500 bucks in hayward!

needs control arm and clutch master cylinder. i want it so bad because its hard to find 5 speeds nowadays.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      92 LX coupe for 500 bucks in hayward!

needs control arm and clutch master cylinder. i want it so bad because its hard to find 5 speeds nowadays.
                      get it!

im tryin to find a cb7 myself again, tryin to get a car for my lil sis... i want a wagon badly,

paypal is fa#$)Okin me over. calling me and want 500 bucks. i told them to GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123 View Post
                        get it!

im tryin to find a cb7 myself again, tryin to get a car for my lil sis... i want a wagon badly,

paypal is fa#$)Okin me over. calling me and want 500 bucks. i told them to GTFO.
                        lol for what?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Yeah, damn! What happened? Did someone file a complaint about you?
                          - Ghosty
                          WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
                          FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

i sold some pricey shit on ebay and most of my buyers were from europe. i wasnt really knowledge about this seller protection policy they have at paypal (btw its shitty, basically not seller protection at all). well i offered insurance for my products, of coruse but the buyers didnt purchase.

i airmailed the products and when you airmail through USPS, you dont get a tracking number only a customs number but isnt really tracking.

well after like three weeks after their were sold, i had two claims within a couple of days. Saying they didnt receive them but i had proof since i still have the recepits of shipment.

paypal needs tracking and a signature on delivery if its over 250. well if i woulda done that, the seller protection wouldnt protect me because the buyer is overseas. so i woulda been fawked over either way if they send me a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123 View Post
                              i sold some pricey shit on ebay and most of my buyers were from europe. i wasnt really knowledge about this seller protection policy they have at paypal (btw its shitty, basically not seller protection at all). well i offered insurance for my products, of coruse but the buyers didnt purchase.

i airmailed the products and when you airmail through USPS, you dont get a tracking number only a customs number but isnt really tracking.

well after like three weeks after their were sold, i had two claims within a couple of days. Saying they didnt receive them but i had proof since i still have the recepits of shipment.

paypal needs tracking and a signature on delivery if its over 250. well if i woulda done that, the seller protection wouldnt protect me because the buyer is overseas. so i woulda been fawked over either way if they send me a claim.

That's fucked up.

One reason I never do International sales.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Cakeboy View Post
                                That's fucked up.

One reason I never do International sales.
                                yea. im over 1000 bucks in debt with paypal. i dont want to pay a dime but the debt collectors are harassing my ass for a couple of days. i thought about it and its only 1000 bucks, just pay it and dont mess with paypal in the future.

anyways, you learn from mistakes. heads up to anyone who sell on ebay and dont know what they can get into to. it isnt paypal's fault but the people who use it and take it for an advantage over sellers, paypal has bad terms and policies they need to fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X