This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    Will pulling out the main relay and stay out for two months have a side effect?
    umm you wont be able to start the car and run it. It's not a good idea to leave a car sitting that long.

Comment

id at least drain the fluids.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
        hey tommy post up ur full readings .. include rpms as well. when i get back home tomorrow i'll post mine up and we can compare and contrast.
        Bad news I have to re schedule my BAR appointment coz my car is fucking up on me again... I started it up the day before yesterday and it was making funny knocking noises. I was like shit! so I drove my moms car to work. I came back the next morning and started it up and sure enough the sound was still there. I did the screwdriver test and it doesn't seem to be coming from the head or bottom.....but i'm 80% sure it's coming from the timing belt area again. I lifted the car and did the test on the oilpan and then I touched the timing belt plastic cover and it amplified the sound almost 2x. So I guess the dealer didn't torque something down right to spec and somethings loose. My autotensioner better not fail it's not even a week 1/2 old!

I'm going back to the dealer in 6hrs and try to get my shit straight. I didn't spend near $1893 for a full overhaul and have the damn timing belt shit out on me again. BAR is going to have to wait later this week. I'm glad I didn't get my car drunk on alcohol before before I had work coz my car is going to be sitting more likely until they fix it.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
        JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
        1994 Prelude V-Tec
        1999 CL 3.0
        2000 Prelude
        2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
        1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
        1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
        1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by BB6-SH
          umm you wont be able to start the car and run it. It's not a good idea to leave a car sitting that long.
          I see , I have my uncle run it once in a while then.

It's just I'm out of the country in 2 months and I want some security measure just in case theives want to steal it.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi
            Bad news I have to re schedule my BAR appointment coz my car is fucking up on me again... I started it up the day before yesterday and it was making funny knocking noises. I was like shit! so I drove my moms car to work. I came back the next morning and started it up and sure enough the sound was still there. I did the screwdriver test and it doesn't seem to be coming from the head or bottom.....but i'm 80% sure it's coming from the timing belt area again. I lifted the car and did the test on the oilpan and then I touched the timing belt plastic cover and it amplified the sound almost 2x. So I guess the dealer didn't torque something down right to spec and somethings loose. My autotensioner better not fail it's not even a week 1/2 old!

I'm going back to the dealer in 6hrs and try to get my shit straight. I didn't spend near $1893 for a full overhaul and have the damn timing belt shit out on me again. BAR is going to have to wait later this week. I'm glad I didn't get my car drunk on alcohol before before I had work coz my car is going to be sitting more likely until they fix it.
            new car time. dumping too much money.
            Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by FuncOvrForm
              sometimes you cant just take the easy way out when owning a cb7. there's ups and downs like on most cars.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Agreed. I think you're spending a little too much getting this thing legit. Go the crooked route or don't. Save your money Tommy.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                sometimes you cant just take the easy way out when owning a cb7. there's ups and downs like on most cars.
                Yup. I am riding my car and it runs and looks like shit at the moment. But I don't want to give up...not quite yet. Now that I think my car is gonna stay illegal, I think I should invest in a skunk2 intake mani and a IMS. I got plugs for sure. Tommy you know who to call for it.
                Last edited by jdm_inspired; 05-27-2008, 11:06 PM.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

x3. sad to say, dumping all the cash to make the car legit is a done done for me if i was in that situation. But you are the cb7 Yakuza

Comment

shoudlve got a hot one after the second attempt
                    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

who works or has worked at mickey d's?

_UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION_
                      My Precious Toy
                      Swap Thread
                      916 Cb7
                      "92Ex KT"My New Addition[W.I.P]
                      "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

circuitcity here =).
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired
                          Agreed. I think you're spending a little too much getting this thing legit. Go the crooked route or don't. Save your money Tommy.

Yup. I am riding my car and it runs and looks like shit at the moment. But I don't want to give up...not quite yet. Now that I think my car is gonna stay illegal, I think I should invest in a skunk2 intake mani and a IMS. I got plugs for sure. Tommy you know who to call for it.
                          But I told you already, i'm pretty much I'm screwed anyways and I dunno if a hotsmog will actually work since the state knows I have a swapped engine. On the BAR sheet, the ref inputed on the computer to notify other smog stations to not issue me a certificate and be refered back to a ref station.

So can this be dismissed by the smog ref?
                          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                            circuitcity here =).
                            thats koo since i'm 18 now i gunna start applying for the state and banks..

_UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION_
                            My Precious Toy
                            Swap Thread
                            916 Cb7
                            "92Ex KT"My New Addition[W.I.P]
                            "93Dx KT"SOLD

Comment

Honestly I could care less about 30 dollar smog tests, What is pissing me off is the unexpected maintenance starting with the damn H23 tensioner conversion going out in the middle of my smog progress and that not being fixed the first time by Honda.

The valve adjustment, EGR port cleaning, 3x cats I went through and ignition parts were my choice and should be done anyways with a used motor regardless.

The mechanics lack of knowledge of a "JDM motor" which has little difference to a USDM prelude seemed to have overwhelmed him to the point where he didn't know what he was doing. Basically I told him to look at my car as if it were a Prelude and the distributor which was internal coil is no different than working with a 90-91 internal coiled accord. One thing that threw him off was me telling him to use a Civic Si cap/rotor etc and he confused that thinking I was using a civic distributor with my engine. He tried giving me the car back with a check engine light and I'm like hell naw! He said my distributor is maxed out all the way and I'm like ok...so why not get in in spec and he said he couldn't further adjust it! He said it was at 5* but when it was inspected finally by another shop (gave up on them) it was retarded 22*!

All I gotta say is most honda mechanics are "by the book" and when you bring a hopped up honda car that isn't stock can sometimes lead to trouble if the mechanic isnt familiar with swaps.

Right now my car is being redone by a better knowlegable mechanic and will be down for 2-3days to locate the source of the sound. ALready he has found that the balancer belt they installed wasn't to spec and was very loose. I can't wait to hear about the tensioner area 2maro.
                              I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                              707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                              "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                                Honestly I could care less about 30 dollar smog tests, What is pissing me off is the unexpected maintenance starting with the damn H23 tensioner conversion going out in the middle of my smog progress and that not being fixed the first time by Honda.

The valve adjustment, EGR port cleaning, 3x cats I went through and ignition parts were my choice and should be done anyways with a used motor regardless.

The mechanics lack of knowledge of a "JDM motor" which has little difference to a USDM prelude seemed to have overwhelmed him to the point where he didn't know what he was doing. Basically I told him to look at my car as if it were a Prelude and the distributor which was internal coil is no different than working with a 90-91 internal coiled accord. One thing that threw him off was me telling him to use a Civic Si cap/rotor etc and he confused that thinking I was using a civic distributor with my engine. He tried giving me the car back with a check engine light and I'm like hell naw! He said my distributor is maxed out all the way and I'm like ok...so why not get in in spec and he said he couldn't further adjust it! He said it was at 5* but when it was inspected finally by another shop (gave up on them) it was retarded 22*!

All I gotta say is most honda mechanics are "by the book" and when you bring a hopped up honda car that isn't stock can sometimes lead to trouble if the mechanic isnt familiar with swaps.

Right now my car is being redone by a better knowlegable mechanic and will be down for 2-3days to locate the source of the sound. ALready he has found that the balancer belt they installed wasn't to spec and was very loose. I can't wait to hear about the tensioner area 2maro.

it's all about finding a mechanic that know's what he .. or she.. is doing, and being able to trust him. my trusty mechanic is down in the valley so it's hard for me to take my car to him. I've been to 3 different smog/repair shops to possibly diagnose my car to figure out why my HC's are so high. And if they can help me out. One mechanic told me that he couldn't diagnose my car cus my radiator fan was hooked up so that it's always on, and not hooked up properly to my thermostats.. and that the fan may be causing my HC's to be so high because it's cooling my motor off too much, before that... another mechanic was gonna charge me $150 off the back to just look at the car. Then the last guy i went to, took a look at my smog reports, and suggested somethings to do(i.e. valve adjustment...) he wanted me to try things before he charges and what not, so i thought he was cool. plus he's told me he has worked on alot of prelude's and swapped h22's before hand so that was kool.

Anyways.. being a car ENTHUSIAST is not cheap!
                                -:¦:-
                                Originally posted by wed3k
                                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                                X