No announcement yet.

Calling all the MA people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check with a MA inspection station to find out what the laws are.

No person shall operate a motor vehicle on any way which motor vehicle is equipped (1) with a muffler from which the baffle plates, screens or other original internal parts have been removed and not replaced; or (2) with an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust....
    All this means is (1) the exhaust has to have baffles and (2) the exhaust (stock or what you install) cannot be modified to make it louder than the manufacturer intended. As in you can't punch out the baffles on your Apex'i WS2 exhaust to make it louder. MA does have a dB law, I'm just not sure what the limit is, although I think it's somewhere around 98-99db. This is measured at a specified distance from the exhaust tip at 2800rpm. (I should know, I work at a Harley dealer in North Hampton. We deal with exhaust dB issues all the time. NH limit is 106, if you're interested.)
    ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
    Short ram intake
    Tenrai Himoto catback
    Smashed front end
    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

again.....anything that is not stock IS illegal. no sugar coating there. go to court enough times and you'll learn quick enough to just stay stock or close enough that its hard to tell.

Comment

Where do you guys live to catch this flack?!?
        I had a random muffler I used on the CB for several months. It was louder (not a lot louder) and never had a problem, even when I got pulled over. I once passed a cop at an intersection with NO muffler even under the car.
        I passed inspection with the same muffler, and a drop that left the car with less than 6" clearance.
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Framingham sucks balls. I go to school there and i swear to god, the cops fucking hate hondas. I will always get passed by the 5.0 stang and get pulled over for going 5 over when that dude was going like 20 over. I cant tell you how many times ive been asked if i have drugs or guns in the car, and how many searches i have denied consent to. Its fucking ridiculous. God forbid you are spanish or black because if you are, they will pull the guns and treat you like a fuckin criminal. Rascist bastards.
          JustBlaze

Comment

Originally posted by Half-Pint
            Framingham sucks balls. I go to school there and i swear to god, the cops fucking hate hondas. I will always get passed by the 5.0 stang and get pulled over for going 5 over when that dude was going like 20 over. I cant tell you how many times ive been asked if i have drugs or guns in the car, and how many searches i have denied consent to. Its fucking ridiculous. God forbid you are spanish or black because if you are, they will pull the guns and treat you like a fuckin criminal. Rascist bastards.

True story. they gave my boy 100$ ticket in his civic for "disturbing the piece"

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
            I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

i got pulled over 2 times for it but just got verbal warnings.cuz he like it.

dan can tell you how loud mine is and drive by stateys all the time.

they just want to harrass u that all.
              back at it again

Comment

Working...
              X