Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Jersey - CB7tuner affiliated Red Cross blood drive - coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Jersey - CB7tuner affiliated Red Cross blood drive - coming soon!

I have a friend that just got a job setting up blood drives for the Red Cross. I told her I would gladly try to help her organize something with my connections through cb7tuner!

So, what's the interest like for something like this? Would you guys be willing to represent CB7tuner in a big way for a good cause?

I think this is a great chance for us to rise above the traditional "tuner crowd" and stand for something more than flashy cars and idiotic driving habits!

I'll have to talk to my friend to get a timeframe in mind, but I'm thinking a Saturday would be good.

I may even look into getting t-shirts made (if someone would care to donate some...) to commemorate the occasion!

dont you have to be over 150 lbs or something to do it?

Comment

I'm not sure. I've never given blood!

My wife was really into it when she was in highschool, though... and I believe she was 108lbs when I met her.

Comment

why dont you give blood to an organization that actually gives it to soldiers instead of sells it to them!
        im just kidding, but that actually is the case, and i didnt know that until a blood drive at ft lewis about a year ago. anyways, im too far away to help out, but each time the red cross is at our armory at school i donate, so ill be a contributor thats just a few(read: many hundred) miles away. good luck man, hope you get a few good pints.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

It depends when. I'll probably think about it, but im afraid of those straws I'm really lightweight. 120lbs. I dont think that interferes with anything. It'll be nice to know my blood type for the first time ever in my life. Just let me know the time and date and i'll consider it

Comment

if the time is right and im in NJ im all for this

Comment

I hate being poked by needles and the thought of my blood draining out of me down a tube sickens me. So with that sad now the irony...
              This sums up my experience with blood drives:

"For quite some time, the rule has always been that if you had a tattoo or piercing within the last twelve months, you were ineligible to donate blood - period. Now that tattoos and piercings have become so popular, these strict rules are seriously hurting the blood supply. In response to this, the Red Cross has changed some of its requirements and some local blood banks are relaxing their rules. See what the current status of blood donation eligibility is."

So, depending on their rules or if I just flat out lie I will go with you.
              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

"No, I don't have any tattoos."

Comment

this is an awesome idea Deev.

We did stuff like this as a club and it pays off.

Pos attention is always a plus.

Damn if i was closer id be down.

Im really interested in the tshizzle idea...id be down to buy one if it was made...so those profits could go to the site...and the people who donate blood help get the good word out.

Comment

I think it's definitely a good idea to get involved with good causes. The idiot ricers in the import tuning scene have made an image for the rest of us that is less than flattering. It would be cool to give back to the community for once, and perhaps show that we're not ALL a bunch of loser kids with obnoxious cars!

Plus, IMO, CB7tuners are different. We're better than the average tuner

Comment

I agree. We have a great community here. Not too many obnoxious people. BTW, whats the deal with this Red Cross Blood Drive? Date? Time? Summer Meets ?

Comment

hey guys..ive donated blood before..its not THAT bad

the needle is big tho lol..the initial poking of the needle is a bit painful but wjhile its draining blood..it doesnt hurt at all...you cannot be under 17 it hink..more than 120..couldnt have traveled out of the country within a year or somethin like that...they ask you all these questions....its for a good cause..id be down for it..even if i dont have my cb7 anymore

Comment

Working...
                        X