Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help bleeding my clutch! South Jersey area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help bleeding my clutch! South Jersey area.

Ok, I've finally given up. Before I tow my car to a shop, I want to try reaching out for help just once.

So, any local guys that have clutch-bleeding experience, I could really use your help! I've done it a dozen different ways, and I can't get more than half-pressure in my pedal. Not enough to put the car in gear while running.

So please... HELP!
    If you want to just do me a favor, awesome. If you want me to pay, let me know how much, and I'll pay (reasonable, of course!) If you want me to buy you a sandwich and a beer, you got it. If you want a set of CB7tuner decals, you got 'em. Just please, come fix my car!

Damn I have 0 experience in that.

It would be worth it just for the decals lol!

Comment

Yeah, this is actually me still trying to fix the problem that you came down to help with last time... like 3 years ago!

I really am at a loss, but the only people that have been working on it lately are me and Nick, and neither of us has done it successfully before. His car is automatic, and this is the first time I've changed clutch hydraulics... and clearly, I'm doing something wrong! I've followed the advice of numerous experienced people with no results, so perhaps there's something that someone with experience will catch in person, that I'm not seeing myself.

Comment

Did you look it up online, outside this forum?

Maybe try looking for common problems online to look for when doing it?

Idk.

I helped a bud replace the fluid res/and clutch cylinder but that was about it.

He did the rest.

Don't really even remember him bleeding anything....but maybe I left before he did idk.

Comment

A bacon double cheeseburger, some curly fries w/ cheese, and a soda, and I'll have your CB back on the raod in no time.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

There's an awesome diner 2 blocks from my house... I can make that happen!
            Seriously, if you'd be willing to fix it, and you're confident you can... DO! I want to drive this car again, and I've done absolutely everything I can think of. Tried every tool I could get my hands on. NOTHING works.

Comment

Fly me over, I'll get it done

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

"I got my clutch fixed! It only cost me $3500!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  "I got my clutch fixed! It only cost me $3500!!!"
                  The experience of USA would be priceless though

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Something tells me that you'd fit right in, aside from the accent! Half the time I forget you live on the other side of the world!
                    It'd probably be nice to experience summer heat in June/July for you, though, eh?

Comment

Are you sure your slave and master clutch cylinder are working correctly, deev? Because if one ever went out then the other probably failed too.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I've replaced both already.
                        Twice.

I figured maybe the cheap Autozone stuff was bad the first time. Replaced it with Honda parts. Same result.

Comment

If you have the same result with new parts could it possibly be something inside transmission/clutch? Just a thought....

EDIT: I've never had a transmission apart or off of my car.. although I have replaced my clutch master and slave cylinders...
                          Last edited by mtnbikaah; 06-25-2012, 08:40 PM.
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Straight Success suggested the same thing via PM earlier.
                            I replaced the clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate with XTD garbage, but it's all on there properly. I replaced the throwout bearing with a Honda part (because a failed XTD throwout bearing is what killed my car in the first place, nearly 4 years ago now...)
                            It's all new, and I don't THINK anything inside the transmission would result in my current issue (even though I limped it home with clutchless shifting for over 100 miles...)
                            I suppose something involving the throwout bearing could be an issue, but I really don't see how. It's a straightforward installation, and I took care to do it right so I wouldn't have to drop the trans again!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Something tells me that you'd fit right in, aside from the accent! Half the time I forget you live on the other side of the world!
                              It'd probably be nice to experience summer heat in June/July for you, though, eh?
                              I'm positive the accent would throw alot of people
                              Yea for sure, Wet and cold here at the moment, can't wait for summer.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X