Colorado meet Late March/April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7
    it doesnt take a master tech to swap a motor just tools and a basic know how doood we could do it in like a day.........

i agree with that... Its really a strait forward deal and with as many how too's there are out there.... Nothing is really needed other than a decent set of sockets and a cherry picker to make it happen. i think last time i helped on a h22 swap we had the f out and h in, in about 4 hours. As far as a master tech.... that only means that your good at taking tests doesnt mean your good at fixing cars. Some of the best techs where i work have never even seen an ASE test. Where as the two ASE master certified guys i work with are the worst and most annoying techs that drive everyone nuts.

The more risks you take by doing the work yourself the more confident you will be in the future on making your own repairs. Thats how i got to the point i am at. people trust me to work on their 90k $ cars all day long. but i started off because i didnt want to pay for someone to do something i could probably do better myself with a little research and patience.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Yeah I'm not saying that he is the only person that I trust to work on my car, simply saying that I know a guy that is good imo. and would do it cheap. May even be able to get the parts for cheap also!

Comment

a hook up on parts is allways good when doing a swap!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Yeah. I think it would be nice to totally rebuild the h with new performance parts if i get one or build a crazy all motor F. Also some help with the suspension would be a good thing especially since he has access to an alingment rack and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by topcop182
            I really think I might. I wanted to get the whole neuspeed set up with the koni yellow's but I think that I may just get the springs done and save up for the shocks/struts down the road. I also am really thinking about starting to save for the h duece duece since my friends dad is an ASE master tech
            i'm dropping my car on skunk2 springs. they just came in today.

BUT! topcop, do you have your old oem alloy rims? i am looking for some accord alloys.

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz
              i'm dropping my car on skunk2 springs. they just came in today.

BUT! topcop, do you have your old oem alloy rims? i am looking for some accord alloys.
              Yeah I do have the old Ex rims. But they aren't for sale. and if they were there is a dude in front of you. lol Sorry. If anything changes you'll be the second to know.

Comment

Pictures from my camera. Sorry took for ever to get develped!

Comment

ill be down to come

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                  1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread
                  Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

LOL! this was from last year! but now that this is brought up again, maybe we should plan another meet!

Comment

Working...
                    X