X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should set up a meet on that day

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      So you've got everything set up for that 30psi you mentioned a while back? My car won't be running then but yours would be cool to watch, let alone finally seeing that bay in person.
      I already hit 30psi when i was on the dyno,

Having some boost issues now though, should have it sorted out by then no problem.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Nice. After you've finished your preparations to run 30psi with nitrous, let me know when you're coming down for the final tune/dyno!

I'm looking to strengthen the bottom end of my H if the JRSC does end up fitting, and have begun researching parts. Boost in the chamber is boost in the chamber, so: For only about 10psi would you recommend stepping the compression down any from the stock 10.6:1? Weirdly the rest of the H isn't as strong as an F22A, so I'm nervous if its head gasket wasn't made to the same optimistic standards. Arias has some 9.2:1s but that's quite a power loss on its own. I believe the American-spec H22A1s have 10:1, but would they be as reliable as aftermarket? In your experience would the higher compression typically cause that much strain with such a relatively low PSI? Reliability is top priority, I want this engine to last.

I don't owe in taxes this year (it's always close; better to not be getting ripped off during the year when I need the money, imo). It's only a couple hundred I'm getting back but that does bring my swap closer... by a week! The first couple weeks of April is looking to be D-day . Actually come to think of it, I was recommended by a friend to check a local shop who goes through Jasper to see if they could get me a better deal than I would through HMotors, I've been meaning to check into that. He got a good Eclipse motor through them, and Jasper's got a great reputation - a shop owner in a Camaro forum I came upon mentioned some kid blew his motor up from turbo and nitrous but they still replaced it free of charge (except labor costs, of course)! So I may not end up getting JDM - not that the extra 10hp matters much, I just didn't want another tired motor - but that sure beats a start-up warranty.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-27-2011, 12:42 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Boost on an h is very expensive if you are going with bottom end work, you can't just drop forged pistons in them because of the frm sleeves mahle makes a piston designed for these sleeves not sure of the longevity of them but mahle makes pistons for all types of high end cars so id imagine they last

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Oh yeah, I know about the H's special issues. I've read it can only handle about 7 psi on stock internals. The JRSC comes 6psi, I think (designed to work with a stock H22, at any rate), and I'm wanting to get a pulley for about 9-10psi. Mahle does have 10.0:1 Gold Series pistons I didn't notice when I was looking yesterday.

EDIT - mozzandherb has conveniently turboed his H22 on stock liners and Mahle 10:1 Golds! 15psi, 374whp.

I'm thinking I'll go with Mahle Gold 10:1s, Crower Sportsman rods, ARP head+main studs, Toga main+rod bearings. Probably going to run nearly $1,500 getting parts from www.importperformanceparts.net. God I hope this blower fits without modifying the firewall...
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-28-2011, 02:42 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by cyborggt View Post
              nice. After You've Finished Your Preparations To Run 30psi With Nitrous, Let Me Know When You're Coming Down For The Final Tune/dyno!

Boost In The Chamber Is Boost In The Chamber, So: For Only About 10psi Would You Recommend Stepping The Compression Down Any From The Stock 10.6:1?
              Leave The Compression High, On A Boosted Motor High Compression Is Awesome, Though That Is My Experience With Turbo H22's And Not With Superchargers (spool Time Is Greatly Decreased With Higher Compression)

Weirdly The Rest Of The H Isn't As Strong As An F22a, So I'm Nervous If Its Head Gasket Wasn't Made To The Same Optimistic Standards.

Oem Headgaskets Are The Way To Go, From Honda, Though Expensive, They Are Made Very Well And I Have Seen Them Last A Very Long Time Even On 600+hp H22's

Arias Has Some 9.2:1s But That's Quite A Power Loss On Its Own.

The Boost Will Make Up For The Loss In Power Due To Compression, Once Your Boosted You Probably Wouldnt Notice Anyways.

I Believe The American-spec H22a1s Have 10:1, But Would They Be As Reliable As Aftermarket? In Your Experience Would The Higher Compression Typically Cause That Much Strain With Such A Relatively Low Psi? Reliability Is Top Priority, I Want This Engine To Last.

if You Want Reliability, Use Good Quality Parts And Try To Make As Many Of Those Oem Parts (headgasket, Etc) Arias Pistons Are Awesome And Thats What I Run In My Car.

I Don't Owe In Taxes This Year (it's Always Close; Better To Not Be Getting Ripped Off during The Year When I Need The Money, Imo). It's Only A Couple Hundred I'm Getting Back But That Does Bring My Swap Closer... By A Week! The First Couple Weeks Of April Is Looking To Be D-day . Actually Come To Think Of It, I Was Recommended By A Friend To Check A Local Shop Who Goes Through Jasper To See If They Could Get Me A Better Deal Than I Would Through Hmotors, I've Been Meaning To Check Into That. He Got A Good Eclipse Motor Through Them, And Jasper's Got A Great Reputation

Jasper Sells Some Very Clean And Well Tested Motors
              - A Shop Owner In A Camaro Forum I Came Upon Mentioned Some Kid Blew His Motor Up From Turbo And Nitrous But They Still Replaced It Free Of Charge (except Labor Costs, Of Course)! So I May Not End Up Getting Jdm - Not That The Extra 10hp Matters Much, I Just Didn't Want Another Tired Motor - But That Sure Beats A Start-up Warranty.

member ride thread
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Love the thorough response, thanks!

CarbonEuroR, if you're at least watching this place, do you happen to own a white EG hatch with an "I Love Haters" sticker on the bumper? I think I saw you come into my work today... I wasn't about to walk up to some random person and start talking if it wasn't you, haha.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-01-2011, 02:51 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

if you want longevity with your motor, the TUNE is the most important part of the build, especially where forced induction is added to the equation. H22's have thin ringlands, so be weary of higher boost levels/cylinder pressures....

Honestly, Id save the hassle of the different pulley, and spend the money getting the car tuned and setup to run the stock boost levels properly, THEN worry about increasing power levels and such, but thats just me. "gotta crawl before you walk"

My DB aka "Green Hornet
                  '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

Wasn't me, I have a 02' civic lx (es) sedan with black head lights and tail lights. Where do you work?

Comment

^^^ pics?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by h22cb719 View Post
                        if you want longevity with your motor, the TUNE is the most important part of the build, especially where forced induction is added to the equation. H22's have thin ringlands, so be weary of higher boost levels/cylinder pressures....

Honestly, Id save the hassle of the different pulley, and spend the money getting the car tuned and setup to run the stock boost levels properly, THEN worry about increasing power levels and such, but thats just me. "gotta crawl before you walk"

My DB aka "Green Hornet
                        This is absolutely correct!

And because of this, its the only reason i will only let either steve or brent at PFI tune my car. Having an amazing tune on your car makes all the difference because when you get your car tuned properly on base boost, it wont matter if you change pulleys, or up turbo boost, your tune will stay consistent and rediculously powerful yet maintain reliability provided you have gone that extra mile to take care of weak links.
                        Last edited by turbo90accord; 03-02-2011, 10:55 PM.

member ride thread
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

I didn't mention a tune because I thought it was one of those more obvious things... I'm not ten minutes from PFI. I'm most definitely getting a tune, and the stronger parts wouldn't come until a while after I've already test-fitted the charger to begin with. I'm just not so sure I want to leave it in there for any length of time and therefore be worth an initial tune. The Mahle Gold Series kit comes with rings.

Originally posted by CarbonEuroR View Post
                          Wasn't me, I have a 02' civic lx (es) sedan with black head lights and tail lights. Where do you work?
                          King's on Timberline and Drake. Might have been my poor memory, I just thought I saw you, then saw a tuner Honda out in the lot, then made an [obviously poor] assumption. Nevermind . It's wierd how often I'm out on a bike ride or driving or something and have never seen your CB outside of a meet. Fort Collins is pretty small.

EDIT - Haha, Jasper wants 5k+ for an incomplete long block. Right.
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-02-2011, 10:42 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

ive heard horror stories of engines from jasper.... Honestly, get a JDM, call it a day....

then again, thats just my .02
                            '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

I do go to that store sometimes, sucks how they got it all torn apart.
                              Haven't been driving the car lately, getting some work done on her! I see tons of cb7s in town but not many are on the forums, or do their own work.
                              Last edited by CarbonEuroR; 03-03-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

^ It'll look nice when it's done in April.

There are horror stories everywhere you go, I've seen some nasty JDM heads. People over there driving their cars into the ground, not changing the oil because they start taxing you after your car hits 30k so they just get rid of them. Though the worst I hear about HMO is that they don't send you the documents for the engine, so that's who I'm going with.
                                Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-03-2011, 06:43 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X