This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,

I have my rebuilt head, Full engine gasket set, and GMB timing belt kit all in hand and ready to install!

Issue is that crank bolt (because I have an Autotragic). So I asked on a thread in Technical. HOW is this done? (other then the way I cheesed through it last time).

They came up with the crank holder tool. (really cool!).http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...u=00918500000P

Issue is they are online only (that I can find anyway). Anyone know where in Denver I could find one of these? Or could anyone loan me one??

I don't want to wait a week to get started on this.

Thanks

Edit: I found one at Checker for $40, I can pick it up tonight. Although I'd still rather borrow one. LOL (getting poor here)
    Last edited by Vancefish; 03-04-2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

You could see if checkers will let you rent the tool for almost nothing, or I do have a homemade one.

Comment

Mine came from Hmotors, came with paperwork and everything, stating mileage, compression and leak down numbers. Doublechecked all of em when it showed up, and everything was good to go. One of the strongest if not the strongest h22a's ive driven....

Its your call man, but if it were my hard earned $$, thats what id do.
        '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

Laziness. Spent money to avoid work.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

hey, turbo90accord!! I've always wanted to see your car!! You should try to make it out to 5280fest
            -Gio

1990 Honda Accord LX-T (sold).

1992 Honda Accord Wagon.

1986 E-85 Turbo Prelude.

Comment

Originally posted by gfrg88 View Post
              hey, turbo90accord!! I've always wanted to see your car!! You should try to make it out to 5280fest
              when is 5280fest?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Just to update the locals !

I discovered I did not have a broken timing belt (although VERY cracked). I DID have a broken balance shaft belt.

After getting the old timing belt off. I discovered the cam was snapped, and the oil pan was used to jack up the car (likely the cause of my issue).

So, I have it most of the way apart (head is still on the car). I'm ready to install the re manufactured head I bought. Tomorrow maybe?

I definitely bought a lemon this round. With some sweet parts maybe I'll make (I don't want to say lemonade). LOL

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  when is 5280fest?
                  July 30th

here you go 5280fest.com
                  Last edited by gfrg88; 03-09-2011, 10:49 PM.
                  -Gio

1992 Honda Accord Wagon.

1986 E-85 Turbo Prelude.

Comment

July 30th

here you go 5280fest.com
                    Definitely going to try to make that one! hopefully i have some rims by then!

member ride thread
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Definitely going to try to make that one! hopefully i have some rims by then!
                      sweeeet!!!! make sure to bring your dyno sheets to show that off too!!
                      -Gio

1992 Honda Accord Wagon.

1986 E-85 Turbo Prelude.

Comment

sweeeet!!!! make sure to bring your dyno sheets to show that off too!!
                        Its not till july, so im sure ill have new dyno sheets and some video of it by then.

member ride thread
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Its not till july, so im sure ill have new dyno sheets and some video of it by then.
                          -Gio

1992 Honda Accord Wagon.

1986 E-85 Turbo Prelude.

Comment

Some schmuck reported my car to the City for sitting on the driveway too long without moving... so by some bullshit law I can't park my own car on my own property and save the planet by biking to work? You can't save money when you're paying for gas!

Mid April or so... just wait, Mr. Neighborhood Ass-Hat. 2am, you're getting woken up!
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-11-2011, 02:37 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

fucking douche bags need to just mind their own business
                              -Gio

1992 Honda Accord Wagon.

1986 E-85 Turbo Prelude.

Comment

I'm more angry with our government for threatening a $1,000 fine for something so trivial. The car is registered, granted since I haven't been driving it so I didn't get around to putting the stickers on. But you'd think that since it's ON my property, and not on the street, in a neighborhood well away from any roads with remotely heavy traffic that for $1,000 they'd at least check into that kind of thing.

They gave me until April 13th to 'do something about the car'. I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with it so at the last minute, I'll swap places with someone in the garage, wait the week or two to do my swap and give the City a chance to come peeking around again, then swap back.

Ever seen that movie Rampage?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X