This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by midnight_1 View Post
    That blows, dude. You did such a good job on that....
    Yeah... Its in the shop now...

I got an HHR for a rental.

Its like a minivan on meth...

Comment

Get the CB back tomorrow!

It will be interesting to see how they put the bumper back on with the upper mount hole totaly missing from the rust...

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
        Get the CB back tomorrow!

It will be interesting to see how they put the bumper back on with the upper mount hole totaly missing from the rust...
        Hows the car look?
        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
          Hows the car look?
          Pretty good actually! They got a used bumper and repainted it. The shop didn't do an excellent job of pulling the body out, but the guy with the puller was saying that he saw the quarter that got welded in, and he didn't want to put too much stress on it. No biggie IMO. I think Ill just take the bumper off and put a longer mounting bolt in, then put some shims between the body and bumper mount so it will be pushed the rest of the way out.

I can't complain really... Free painted bumper! Now all I need is to fix the rust and get a paint job on that quarter and you'll never be able to tell just how pwnd the car was!

The pics:

I think I'm gonna write something up about how it all went from smashed up shit to looking good. I have a lot of pictures from when we put the quarter in.
          Last edited by EJX_Michael; 03-08-2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Pretty good actually! They got a used bumper and repainted it. The shop didn't do an excellent job of pulling the body out, but the guy with the puller was saying that he saw the quarter that got welded in, and he didn't want to put too much stress on it. No biggie IMO. I think Ill just take the bumper off and put a longer mounting bolt in, then put some shims between the body and bumper mount so it will be pushed the rest of the way out.

I can't complain really... Free painted bumper! Now all I need is to fix the rust and get a paint job on that quarter and you'll never be able to tell just how pwnd the car was!

The pics:

I think I'm gonna write something up about how it all went from smashed up shit to looking good. I have a lot of pictures from when we put the quarter in.

Comment

I just had an AMAZING day at the cleveland west picknpull!

Took a little while because they had about 20 CB7s, but one in the back was a crown jewel!

So I start looking at all the cars in the front and notice that most (if not all) had nearly everything stripped out. I found a few with a couple of parts I needed, driver side mirror, under tail light filler pannel and some other small things. Then I find an EX with an A6. Got the IAB box and went for the ECU (mine has the IAB circut burnt up) only to find that the ECU was alredy missing. So I kept looking and noticed that most accords didnt have the ECU. I was getting pretty upset at that fact and was getting ready to leave, but figured Id check the back row...

Saw the back of a 92 EX wagon that was mostly untouched, walked around the front annnddddd! FOGLIGHTS!!!! I screamed YESSS! right there and got a few akward stares from people...

So I got inside, and noticed that the switch and harnesses were all still intact! Then my friend pointed out "Hey the carpet isn't torn up on this one." PT6 ECU sitting right in there. Win #2!

So I got all the harnesses and lights out and had him pull the ECU.

The lights are in great condition other than the lenses are a little foggy, but I'ma clean them up here soon. Brackets are rusty, but I can just sand the rust off and paint em. The biggest problem is the C harness... Somehow on this car the fusebox caught fire... so it was all melted up and a bit of the wire in the C harness needs replaced, but no biggie. The other bad part is one of the gaskets got tore a little from the glue they used... But honestly, I got them for a steal. It was around $45 for everything...

I read somewhere that the shape of the foglight itself is the same as the sedans, but the wagon brackets are a little different.

I was thinking of selling them at first, but I'ma keep em and put them on my beast.

Ahhh... Today was awesome.
              Last edited by EJX_Michael; 03-21-2010, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Nice, you're right for $45 thats a steal. Talk to slammed4thgen, I believe he had wagon fogs on his coupe. I think there was a tab that needed to be bent and then it fit fine, IDK for sure though.
                Originally posted by 92dm
                I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                VOUCHES
                Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Got the IAB box and went for the ECU (mine has the IAB circut burnt up) only to find that the ECU was alredy missing.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91 View Post
                    Yeah I've had a bit to drink tonight... lol oops... Fixed btw

Me and my bud are going to PullaPart Akron tomorrow to look for a bumper for his Impala, I'm gonna see If I cant find some more fogs, or atleast a good C harness. I took the one I got apart and I can see its gonna need a bit of work... I need some corners too, but I can't find any in good condition.
                    Last edited by EJX_Michael; 03-21-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Win!

Went to the Akron yard and found a good C harness (all the others were gone!) in a green 91. Weirdly, the older C harness only has a 3 pin to the A harness, so I cut the 4 pin C to A conneter off the burnt up harness and added the proper wire in to the good C. I also got a restore kit and shined those babys up! They look almost new now. I cant wait to get them in.

I also picked up some map lights from a CD5

Comment

good find man. I haven't searched in a while. Need to hit the yard in columbus. The wagon fogs should work just bend the long middle tab and it will fit. Also if you wet sand the fogs then hit them with the restore or just plastic polish they come out looking new. That's what i do to mine.

Comment

I wet sanded mine I kept steping up the grit until i got to 2000 grit , and used meguiars plastix polish and a mothers plastic power ball . after I did all that they came out looking brand new .

Comment

yup, I got em nice and clean, not the best pic, i took it this morning in the school parking lot. lol.

I'm working on making them independent of the headlights, pretty much its just one of the wires to the highbeam cutoff relay that has to go to a 12v ingition source.

Comment

i need to head up to columbus to hit one up for a few things.. might try to go up this weekend or something...idk yet.. see if i can get anyone down here with a truck to go up...
                              OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

Micheal, you got them wired up, or know how you're going to do it? I've got some links that may help you if you need them.
                                Originally posted by 92dm
                                I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                                VOUCHES
                                Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Working...
                                X