This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
    well if u are forced to get it back. find one of us to buy it and part it. i would but i got 2 to part out right now lol. maybe in a lil bit, one is almost done
    lol, you're always busy parting out stuff!!!!
    R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

hey, gotta make money somehow. on car 4 right now. car 5 is waiting and car 6 is coming

Comment

hey, gotta make money somehow. on car 4 right now. car 5 is waiting and car 6 is coming
        Damn man, nice though. Gotta make that dough some how some way. Wish I could do the same, but with no time or space to do so, I guess that'll be put on hold for a long ass time, lol.

btw, now he says that the alternator is shot. I had the car out driving a hand full of times before selling it, and there were no signs of a shot alternator or a bad starter (it started up w/o a problem each time I started it). I am not gonna exchange shit back with him. He also wants me to install the alternator (lol, gimme a break). Probably wants me to buy it too. F that. I bought my hx for $3,000 and it needed a new alternator and battery, and now needs a new cat. But you don't see me going back to the stealership demanding them to do all the work for me!
        Last edited by 92cord; 08-11-2009, 04:12 PM.
        R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

was it a young punk? please tell me there wasnt any cb7tuner decals on the car...

id tell him, yeah ill buy it back but for less bc you obviously broke it. then call me lol

Comment

I'd say just stop talking to the guy. And if he wants something fixed, then he can pay you to fix the shit that HE broke.
            ~Built not Bought~

--member ride page--
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130234

Comment

was it a young punk? please tell me there wasnt any cb7tuner decals on the car...

id tell him, yeah ill buy it back but for less bc you obviously broke it. then call me lol
              Yeah there were cb7tuner decals on the car. He seemed cool and he liked the car a lot. But he took it to his uncle who is a so called "mechanic" and now everything is going wrong with it. The things that were wrong with the car, I've told him about, there was nothing wrong with the starter or alternator. Now he is becoming a young punk (only 18). Calling/texting me every couple of hrs telling me he found more stuff out. Gimme a f'n break, I made sure I fixed what was wrong besides the door/fender, drum, and shifter cable. Such as the brakes and I adjusted the idle as well, and bought the parts that were needed.

Comment

This lil punk is from Lakewood, a rich community, and is threatening me with a lawyer now (his uncle). WTF, over a $800 car? People are such fuckin assholes.

Its either ME fix the car, ME give him the money back for the car, or he is taking ME to court.

Comment

i dont know what id do in the spot. seems like hes out to cost u money no matter what.

ive had similar problems in the past but not to this level. guy bought a radio off me that needed a direct to the battery 10ga power line. dude hardwired it into his 99 M3. when the radio cooked and he couldnt reuse his old radio. he tried to "make" me pay for the damages and refund the radio. jake remembers that, surprises me when i think about what i do now.

in your case:

one idea, you dare him to the lawyer, and have a copy of your EBAY ad. and explain the term AS IS

or buy it back and sell it for parts for a lil less to one of us quickly

Comment

AS-IS means AS-IS. You have nothing to worry about if you end up in court. Stick with it and don't give in to the shit-bag.
                    ~Built not Bought~

--member ride page--
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130234

Comment

I should have just bought it so long ago... :P

idk why I didnt... At least I wouldnt have bitched about every little thing.

That test drive I took was scarry as shit though! The brakes didnt work!!!

No hard feelings though.

Comment

i dont know what id do in the spot. seems like hes out to cost u money no matter what.

ive had similar problems in the past but not to this level. guy bought a radio off me that needed a direct to the battery 10ga power line. dude hardwired it into his 99 M3. when the radio cooked and he couldnt reuse his old radio. he tried to "make" me pay for the damages and refund the radio. jake remembers that, surprises me when i think about what i do now.

in your case:

one idea, you dare him to the lawyer, and have a copy of your EBAY ad. and explain the term AS IS

or buy it back and sell it for parts for a lil less to one of us quickly
                        I've already printed out the ebay add, I already made a claim on ebay against him. I've already looked up at the ohio lemon laws, and it doesn't cover over used cars, but there is another law that covers used car. But what I got out of that law is that it has to have a WARRANTY and I did not give a warranty. So I am waiting for him to take me to court over a $800 car.

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                        I should have just bought it so long ago... :P

idk why I didnt... At least I wouldnt have bitched about every little thing.

That test drive I took was scarry as shit though! The brakes didnt work!!!

No hard feelings though.
                        Hey, I know, no hard feelings. I didn't know the brakes were that bad, and that was my fault. Thats why I replaced all the brake lines and fittings two weeks later.

He told me that I taped the alternator together (WTF ) and that is what dealerships do for temp fixes. My brother, best friend, and brother in law all have worked/still working at dealerships and none of them have heard this. I know I didn't do that, cuz I don't do half-assed jobs. Plus, how the hell do you tape an alternator together??? Then he changed his story that his uncle told him that, lol. And now the starter isn't bad, its just the alternator.

I think it is fishy cuz he offered me to buy back the car for $650, so I am getting $150 for free???? I am figuring that he has done something to the car, and I don't wanna pay him back for it.

Gonna go and check e-bay now and because they are suppose to get back to me today by 6pm.

Comment

Man I am sorry dude . what a mess
                          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Don't let him bully you into a damn thing. He bought the car as-is, you made every effort to fix the problems. He's screwed.

I sold a van on ebay many years ago, after the auction, the winner emailed me saying he hadn't meant to place the winning bid, he didn't have the cash, he didn't have a way to get it to AZ where he lived. Being a nice guy, I worked it out so he could send me payments, and when the van was paid off and he'd sent me a little extra for gas and hotels and a bus ticket back, I'd deliver it. He sent me a couple of payments ($500 out of $2000 including delivery), then nothing for a year. I tried to contact him multiple times, no replies or anything. When he did finally contact me, he demanded his money back, threatened me with lawyers and everything. I told him to go for it, I'd saved all the correspondence and told him to read the ebay agreement as well. He threatened me with his lawyer again and I told him to have his lawyer read the ebay agreement and then call me. I never heard from him again.

Make him take you to court. Then threaten to counter sue for mental anguish, damages to the car after he took posession, lost wages for court time, and the court costs. I'm willing to bet he's just trying to scare you into buying it back because he fucked it up. It will not make it to court if you tell him to go ahead and take you.

Comment

doug, if you end up getting the car back...ill buy it.

no nonsense, just let me know man.

i get my house day after tomorrow!!! hahahahaha im so fucking excited right now i could shit.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                                doug, if you end up getting the car back...ill buy it.

no nonsense, just let me know man.

i get my house day after tomorrow!!! hahahahaha im so fucking excited right now i could shit.
                                Will do Jake

Congrats man, I know I was excited as well (maybe not as far as shittin myself, lol). Now you'll always have something to work on!

Comment

Working...
                                X