Howdy people in Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy people in Illinois

Well I will be moving to Carbondale, Illinois from Dallas to attend SIUC this weekend. Yes I will be driving. I was seeing if there were people around that area or something maybe we can meet up or something after I get settled in a bit. But yea lookin forward to go up north and see what its like. Anyone know how weather is over there and such? Just wanna get a heads up =D. But hope to meet some of you.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Southern Illinois is a good school you will like it. Too bad I am up in Chicago.

Comment

if ull be there over spring break ill prolly meet up with u and snap some pics or something... so u decided to go to a party school lol

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

so you are driving the cb i take it. these midwest winters can be a bitch on your car......good luck

jdmCITY.com

Comment

you better rust proof your car before you go with some bedliner or something. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

it has been pretty mild around here lately but we seem to get atleast one big snow storm. alot of time all winter hardly no snow then beginng of march we get hit hard. might want to get some all season tires if you dont already.

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks for the tips. I already got some all season toyo proxes 4 on. Damn you guys get winter up pretty late lol shit Texas people aint used to that. But as for rust proofing my car yea I thought about it...But then There is a layer of dried oil covered underneath my car that needs some dissolving by the road salt. But yea my car is gonna see rust either way so bleh. Prob buy a car cover bring my bike up there since campus isnt far from the apts I am going to be staying at. Yea decided to go to SIUC meet new people and have some fun ha. Yea I should still be in Carbondale over spring break unless something happens. But hope to meet y'all up there might drive to chicago and check it out or somethin.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm an hour or two north of SIUC and I've got some friends that go there.

The biggest key to keeping your car from rusting isn't bedliner on the fender wells or anything like that, it's consistently washing and taking care of your car. My CRX from Texas has seen three winters now in IL and still not a drop of rust on the body. That's mostly because I make sure I wash it weekly and depending on snow fall / road salt sometimes daily. I've washed it twice in a day before.

People drive by and look at me like I'm on crack when I'm out right after a snow storm washing my car.

Comment

Originally posted by N1ghtM0nkey
                  I'm an hour or two north of SIUC and I've got some friends that go there.

The biggest key to keeping your car from rusting isn't bedliner on the fender wells or anything like that, it's consistently washing and taking care of your car. My CRX from Texas has seen three winters now in IL and still not a drop of rust on the body. That's mostly because I make sure I wash it weekly and depending on snow fall / road salt sometimes daily. I've washed it twice in a day before.

People drive by and look at me like I'm on crack when I'm out right after a snow storm washing my car.
                  Thats good to know I like washing my car haha and I do i t weekly if I have the time. Shit if that prevents it I am good. Ha thanks man.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yeah if you think about it....what causes rust?

Moisture causes rust. Moisture from washing it won't cause rust because it dries before any damage can occur. What causes rust is when the sensitive metal of Honda quarter panels is exposed to moisture for long periods of time.

Basically when your car is dirty, and lord knows dirt loves to get caked in the quarter panels of Hondas, your car is more prone to rust. Dirt gives something for moisture to stick to. Dirt isn't the only thing though, if you let your car sit covered in ice, that will do it too. Salt is another thing to worry about, it's a huge catalyst when mixed with moisture.

The absolute best thing you can do for your car is to, like I said, make sure you wash it regularly. Another thing you want to make sure you do is keep a good coat of wax on it. In my opinion unless you have the knowledge, tools, and location to do a professional grade wash/wax job then it's probably best left to a detail shop. I'm not saying take it to get detailed every week, that would be over kill and expensive.

Wax is basically just an extra layer of protection, a properly waxed car won't rust because moisture/dirt can't penetrate it and usually won't stick to it as much as a car that isn't waxed.

Take it to a good detail shop once you move up here, have them completely wash and wax the car maybe once a month. If you feel you can do a good enough wax job on the car...which you probably can, then just wax it every other car wash and use dawn dish soap when you wash it before you re-wax it because that's the best cheap wax killer you can find.

Cliff notes:

Wash car regularly, keep a good coat of wax on it, don't get lazy or you'll get rust.

Comment

this is true unless u have rust already beginning to form.... if thats the case good luck lol... i wash my car sometimes 4-5 times a week

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

I have rust on the rear door deal its small but aint bad. Might sand, primer and bondo it up for goot measure. But yea waxing detailing isnt bad I can do that on my own. I just waxed my car the other day lol so I should be set for the first few days there.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yea w00t made it to carbondale scraping exhaust and all w00t. My dorm sucks though its like a lil shit hole lol.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

lmao nelson got owned so how was the drive?

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                            AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                            AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                            AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

It was good I can do the gumball rally. Other than the rear of my car that dropped another 2 in. *** so I was scraping exhaust over every lil bump.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X